VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my original brakes(with about 81k miles on them) a few months ago I put about 4k miles on the new ones, brembo disks(oem style, no slots or crossdrill) and mintex redbox pads on all 4 corners.
Over the past 250miles the brakes have developed a terrible shake whenever slowing from highway speeds. it is less noticeable under 30mph, but still there.
I don't autocross, the car is a daily commuter, moslty highway miles with occasional hard braking, but nothing compared to how I abused the car when it was new.

I took each front wheel off, and on the right I can feel resistance at a certain spot and can see the rotor pulling slightly away from the outboard pad when rotating it by hand, so I assume they are warped.
What would be my best route for fixing the problem? get the rotors turned, or get another set of rotors?
either way, would I be better switching back to oem pads over the red-box ones? I'm not too concerned about cleanliness, the original pads seemed to work fine, I only changed because the mintex seemed to be so highly regarded.
Thanks
-Anthony
1998 gti-vr6 "bone shaker edition"

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.