VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the vortex and don't know if I am posting in the correct place. I need some help with a Denison aux adapter I purchased and can't get to work. I followed the instructions to the letter and I can't get it to work. I checked and rechecked the connections and they seem to be ok. This is my second Dension adaptor that I have tried to install in my 05 Jetta with no luck. The first one worked for one day then stopped and the second replacement does not work at all. Not very happy with this. I have a road trip this week and want to use my MP3 player
Please help. Thank you Buddy

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Whatever caused the first one to stop working is probably stopping this from working. Check all your fuses, including anything that may look unrelated.

As an alternative, use headphones. If you have a passenger, get splitters

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever caused the first one to stop working is probably stopping this from working. Check all your fuses, including anything that may look unrelated.

As an alternative, use headphones. If you have a passenger, get splitters
I checked all the fuses in the car. I have a meter and I also checked all the connections between the two connectors that come with the Denison adapter. The car fuses are good and the the cable that came with the adapter is good. I thought that maybe I had a radio problem, so I reconnected my cd changer and the cd changer works so I know that my radio is good. I tried installing the Dension adapter again ( I also attached the black wire to one of the screws on the radio) for the ground and tried it again. It does not work.

I did some looking around the forum and found others also having problems with the Dension adapter.

The problem seems to be the Dension Aux adapter. After trying two adapters and both were defective and reading that others are also having problems with Dension adapters. I don't want to waist anymore time and will not use this brand.

Can you suggest another brand that would be more reliable ?

I do not feel comfortable using headphones when driving.

Thank you for your help

Buddy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Problem Solved. Blitzsafe works

If it's immediate go with a Bluetooth to FM adapter. Quality is about a 6/10 but that's better than HD 1.5Mbps 5.1 country music any day
I returned the two defective Denison adapters and was told to get the Blitzsafe adapter... Well I just received the Blitzsafe adapter, Plugged it in and it works with no problem , and sounds great.

I took the advise of an online store who was pushing the Dension aux and I am sorry I did. I lost my time and the postage sending the Defective Dension product back twice. After reading the reviews I should of purchased the Blitzsafe adapter and saved myself the aggravation and my waist of time with the Dension crap.

I would like to thank the forum members who helped me to get this problem resolved

Buddy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.