VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I just got my Bentley manual, and I pulled a fault code my car is throwing.

The bentley doesn't list it.
it is 2-1-1-1

Do any of you happen to know what that is? The car is kinda running crappy at low rpm.. loss of torque, and somewhat rough idle.

Thanks for any leads and info!!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Re: Help with DTC. 2-1-1-1 1995 jetta GL (volvo_skapunk)

Yeah it's the code you get when the engine isn't running. I think it's like the crank sensor or cam sensor error code. I'd recommend cleaning your MAF sensor and throttle body if the engine is running rough. Also check the codes with the engine is on and if you still get 2111 it may actually be a bad sensor.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Help with DTC. 2-1-1-1 1995 jetta GL (Fast2.0L)

as per the website:

http://www.autolib.diakom.ru:8000/CARS2/pribor/vag1552/doc/c1553_manual.pdf

I found the DTC 2-1-1-1 for the 1995 VR6 (i assume they are the same for my 1995 2.0)

which is a bad 'engine speed sensor'

(or no signal from it)

How much do these items cost?

I cleaned the MAF tonight with contact cleaner, and it helped the low end torque a bit.. but it still idles roughly.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Re: Help with DTC. 2-1-1-1 1995 jetta GL (volvo_skapunk)

That code is saying"engine is not running at the moment",if your car runs then that sensor is fine,unless you have an intermittent failure,and the car would die out or not start at all.If that sensor has failed your car will not start.That code comes up every time you scan a car with the engine not running.TRY A TUNE UP BEFORE YOU ASSUME SOMETHING IS "WRONG WITH YOUR CAR".I seem to have to repeat this a lot,but in all troubleshooting you have to start on a good foundation,(a motor in a good state-of-tune).Good luck!

[Modified by SILVERADO, 11:26 AM 8-7-2002]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts