VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Well my TDI had a heck of a time starting yesterday (-30c). After I finally got it going, I took it out for a spin to get it warmed up only to have the engine come to a sluggish halt on the highway. Finally got it restarted and continued only to have it do the same thing. I finally noticed that in each case the fuel line to the engine was empty. I figured I had a gelling issue so I went and filled the car up, put some more conditionner in the fuel. The car still stalled out on the way home. When I finally got home I hooked the car up to the VAG-COM and noticed the following DTC:
1 DTCs Found:
17656 - Injection Start Regulation: Control Deviation
35-10 - - - Intermittent
Does anyone know if this could be caused by the fuel gel or is it something more serious?
Thanks

· Registered
16,210 Posts
Re: Help with DTC Code (paquettc)

Here's what the BEntley CD says about your code ...

Possible Causes:
* Cold Start Injector -N108- inoperative
* Needle Lift Sensor -G80-
* Fuel tank empty
* Fuel supply low
* Start of delivery not OK.

Corrective Action:
* Check N108 Page 01-80 , Output Diagnostic Test Mode
* Check -G80- Page 23-84
* Check and adjust injection start control dynamically Page 23-32
* Fuel filter or fuel line blocked

I believe you can perform some/all of the above checks with the VAG. If you already own the VAG, I'd recommend that you purchase the Bentley CD. The VAG and Bentley CD compliment each other and each are not as valuable as when you have both at your disposal.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Help with DTC Code (VgRt6)

Thanks for the info. I've been meaning to pick up the Bentley but just haven't got around to it. I left my car in my neighbours heated garage and the car fired up fine. It's been running fine for the last hour or so. As I suspected I think I had some gelling in the fuel filter.
thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.