VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried posting in the Lighting forum, but didn't get any response. It was suggested I try here.
I've got an 06.5 Jetta that has had the footwell lighting decontented. I would like to add it in, if possible.
If I purchase the lens/bulb housings from the dealer, can I plug into existing connectors or has everything related to the footwell lighting been removed?
If I need to start from scratch, my idea is to run two sets of wires to each of the four footwell locations. (There are slots on the underside of the front seats to accept light housings for the rear footwells). One set of wires will power incandescent bulbs when interor lights are turned on or when a door is open. The second set of wires will power LEDs to match the overhead ambient lighting, when the headlights are turned on.
What are the best existing wire locations to tap into? Do I need to worry about wires or fuses getting fried by adding four additional bulbs? Do I need to add anything else into the circuits (fuses, resistors, flux capacitors, etc.)?
I haven't done much electrical work, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Richard

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Re: Help with Footwell Lighting (Blue_Camel)

I saw someone has added the footwell lighting in Seat Forum (in Spain).
I don't have it handy, but all they did was attach the line to the Central Electronics Controller and program it with VAG.
Send me a PM over the weekend so that I will check the pinout in Bentley for you.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Re: Help with Footwell Lighting (Blue_Camel)

You need to connect two bulbs to B7 pin in J519 Central Electonics Controller. Buy oem footwell lights with bulbs and you will probably need a service wire (I don't know the part no. - anyone knows?) with the pin that you can insert in the B connector in J519 controller. the other wire from the bulbs goes to ground.
The controller is available from the driver's footwell compartment. you have to remove the black cover.
The drawing of the connectors is here: http://photos1.blogger.com/blo...9.jpg
You will also need to activate them using vag-com. see picture here: http://photos1.blogger.com/blo...4.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Help with Footwell Lighting (maloosheck)

Thanks for the info, Maloosheck!
Apparently I'm not authorized to view the links that you've included. Is there something I need to do, to gain access to the links?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Re: Help with Footwell Lighting (maloosheck)

Quote, originally posted by maloosheck »

I found it.
http://www.seatleon2.es/module...rt=15
If you follow the pictures, you should be fine.

I tried to access this thread and was unable to. I was also unable to find the thread on the seat forums (I'm sure my inability to speak spanish doesn't help). Does anyone have a copy of this or know where I can find it?
And yes, I do know how old this thread is, but since its in the FAQ I thought it would be useful to update it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Site no longer exists.

That spanish website no longer exists, is there any way someone could do a complete DIY on this with pictures and the part numbers for whatever controllers and wire loom are required?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.