VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought and installed the angel eyes - but when I first reinstalled the headlights they looked just a bit off to me. The light elements themselves seemed to not match up with the black inner part, but the clips went on easily and the gaps all around the housing seemed OK
Anyway, I installed the assembly lining up with the marks I had made and then put the bumper back on but there is now a 1cm gap along the lower edge of the headlight and bumper, PLUS the inner edges come forward about 5mm or so from the grille. This is on BOTH sides.

Everything else seems to line up as far as the gap between the front grille and hood and all the other body lines, but the headlight is not aligned. In addition, the light beams seem to be higher than before when I look at where the beam falls on a wall or a car ahead of me.
Is there a way to re-align the lights. Are those two holes up top in the engine bay for aligning the assembly? Please help!!! I'm at my wits' end!!!

· Registered
896 Posts
Re: Help with headlight adjustment post-angel eyes install (rabiTT)

my lights dont fully align with the black housing inside either. The high beam reflector isnt perfectly round itself to begin with. Its pretty hard to center the halo on the high beam and to get it to line up with the black housing. I just adjusted mine till they both looked the same.
When you put the bumper back on did you put it in about the same place? I had problems getting things to fit back correctly. The 6 bolts on the top of the bumper can be loosened and you can adjust the gaps from hood/grill and grill/lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.