VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the deal...my window will not go down. I rolled it down one day and it refused to go up. I got it up and now it refuses to go down. When i hit the button i don't hear the motor trying to go up at all. When i got it to go up that one day it kept trying to roll up even after it was up. When i hit the switch nothing happens and i can roll down the passenger window and can't roll it back up from my side, i have to reach across.
I am thinking i need a new motor unfortunatly. I know our car are notorious for regulators but i'm not sure if its that.
Thanks for any input you guys have. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
Re: Help with my window that won't go down! (Gumbypunk2)

before you buy a new regulator i'd suggest checking all the wiring to make sure something's not loose. but don't be suprised if it's the regulator.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'm going to pull the door apart this weekend. Anyone else have any pointers before i start ordering parts?
Thanks.
J

·
Registered
15,575 Posts

Open the door, pull the rubber boot off the pillar which exposes the wires between the door and the car. Check to see if any of them are cracked. If they are good, then which door is it as I have some used window regs with motors to sell....
Sean

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

Probably just the regulator as my window did the same thing several weeks ago. If you can hear the motor, it shoulc be fine. I bought my new regualtor on Ebay for $58 plus $10 shipping. It was OEM in the package...works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts