VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I have a 97 2.0L which idles around 800 (tt chip). When I turn on the AC she will drop to about 600, go back up to 800, and drop again. So I keep getting a CEL I assumed because the idle would drop so low. so when the CEL is read, the vag com says "Idle air control system - RPM lower than expected" which is exactly what I thought it would say. Then it also says "Idling speed regulation adaptation limit reached". Someone told me there is something that I can change so that it won't throw the CEL anymore (well...for this problem that is...).
What is it that I change to do that. Also, anyone know why my idle drops like that when my AC is on? Is it because of the chip? I know I do need a coolant flush...
Thanks.

·
Registered
23,352 Posts
Re: help with VAGCOM code (DJHaveK)

Usually those code appear due to a faulty Throttle Position Sensor and a dirty throttle body.
First, for quick results, clean the throttle body first with an aerosal spray and see if the codes return.
If so, you'll need to replace the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve or Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) depending on code.
- Erik

1 - 2 of 2 Posts