VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got engine problems....my 2.0 won't friggen start. It turns, but thats it. My oil pressure gauge flashes when I try to start it though. My oil level is good and theres gas in the car. I checked to see if there are any sparks going to the distributor but nothing. I dont know, could it be faulty soilenoid? The car is a 99, so I don't know if thats possible.....please help!!!! I don't want to tow it, and it's at my work, so any idease would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,827 Posts
Re: HELP!! (flyingfrenchman)

Check your fuses. Especially the one for the fuel pump.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: HELP!! (JettaRed)

ill o that....but the car was running perfectly this morning, 6 hours later when leaving work, it just wouldnt start....

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Re: HELP!! (flyingfrenchman)

Pull a plug wire, put a screw driver in the connector, hold it close (don't let it touch) to ground (intake manifold or whatever is best for you) and have somebody crank the motor. You should see a spark. If not then your problem may lie in the distributor (bad cap or rotor maybe) or the coil may have gone on you. If you do the same with the coil wire and see spark (after not seeing it with the plug wire) then it's the distributor, if not then it's most probably the coil. Oh yeah...don't get shocked

1 - 6 of 6 Posts