VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mk6 golf r bumper which needs new bottom centre grille. Are there any other grilles that fit except the golf r as vw want £250
Car Tire Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
2,975 Posts
There's gotta be a wrecker in your neck of the woods that could help, some second hand shop somewhere?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's gotta be a wrecker in your neck of the woods that could help, some second hand shop somewhere?
I think its specific to the R .. prices are not much cheaper here, if at all.

yeah I have looked at that one about the same price. If my golf was actually an R I could justify spending it but it’s a complete rep just not the right engine ☹

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I have looked at that one about the same price. If my golf was actually an R I could justify spending it but it’s a complete rep just not the right engine ☹
I’ve been told the sensors are actually fabricated on so the grille itself doesn’t have them in when it’s first received. So may have another option, but was hoping for a straight swap

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You can get them on aliexpress.com. Search Golf 6 R20 grill. It looks like they have them for $100 shipped. I actually bought a set of the side grills for mine, as the center had been replaced by the previous owner after hitting some road debris, but the sides were original and stone chipped and the right one was missing the blanking plate behind it. The grills I received seem to be factory. They have VW part numbers and seem identical to the originals, just, well, new.

You can transfer the parking sensors from your original grill, or buy those new inexpensively as well. The grill on my car had them, and I removed them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can get them on aliexpress.com. Search Golf 6 R20 grill. It looks like they have them for $100 shipped. I actually bought a set of the side grills for mine, as the center had been replaced by the previous owner after hitting some road debris, but the sides were original and stone chipped and the right one was missing the blanking plate behind it. The grills I received seem to be factory. They have VW part numbers and seem identical to the originals, just, well, new.

You can transfer the parking sensors from your original grill, or buy those new inexpensively as well. The grill on my car had them, and I removed them.
Would you say this is the part your taking about from eBay

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Its the same car .. there is no such thing as R20 here.. just plain Golf R.
Not sure why people call it R20. LOL
Well, if you want to find the parts, search for Golf R20. I agree that I have never heard these referred to as "R20"s before, but the previous versions were called R32 with the 3.2L engine, so R20 with a 2L makes total sense. The funny thing is that I have a friend with a mk4 R32, and he refers to it as his Golf R, which makes me cringe a bit. Whatever. A rose by any other name...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts