VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
7,776 Posts
Somebody should remind that d*ckbag Hennessy his car is British and he shouldn't fly an American flag out of it. :facepalm:
We take credit for the GT40 even though Lola did a lot of the hard work. Might as well take credit for this one, too, even though it sucks that this is the best we can come up with.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
even though it sucks that this is the best we can come up with.
this. I kind of wish Ford, GM, Saleen, SRT, somebody all USA built would put together some extreme, limited edition, factory, fast as all get out, vehicle just to take this title. Obvious that the car community isn't a big fan of Hennessy's work for legitimate reasons. I'm willing to bet 4/5 car guys would take a Veyron over the Hennessy. Poll? :laugh:

·
Registered
21,613 Posts
Curious how relevant this really is?

Tiny car stuffed with a massive engine = goes really fast. I don't care for Hennessy as he's a lousy dipsh_t, but is this really a big deal? It's not a production car is it? Did this set any kind of actual record?

This just smacks me as one of those "My 1400 drag Supra can outrun a Veyron" bits. Someone esplain please?

·
Registered
11,544 Posts
Curious how relevant this really is?

Tiny car stuffed with a massive engine = goes really fast. I don't care for Hennessy as he's a lousy dipsh_t, but is this really a big deal? It's not a production car is it? Did this set any kind of actual record?

This just smacks me as one of those "My 1400 drag Supra can outrun a Veyron" bits. Someone esplain please?
It is actually a production car. But just barely.

Supposedly capable of 278mph. But as far as I know, its never been done. If anything else, it ought to be a decent Texas Mile car.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
this. I kind of wish Ford, GM, Saleen, SRT, somebody all USA built would put together some extreme, limited edition, factory, fast as all get out, vehicle just to take this title. Obvious that the car community isn't a big fan of Hennessy's work for legitimate reasons. I'm willing to bet 4/5 car guys would take a Veyron over the Hennessy. Poll? :laugh:
Give me a Veyron all day.

**** HENNESSEY

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
They brought one out to our local Cars and Coffee last year. No way I can call this a "production" car. Production car to me is starting from the ground up. You might outsource some parts for it of course, but not stretching someone else's body/chassis.

·
Banned
5,565 Posts
Is this the monthly "John Hennessy poured sugar in my gas tank while anally raping my mother (and by this, I mean one time I read an unflattering story about him on the internet with which I had no actual involvement)" thread?

26,006 Posts
All the petty squabbling aside....that car is a ****ing missile. The 0-200 time is just unreal, and it was still pulling strong above 250MPH. Based on the speed reading it looked like the driver paused just a little at the upper end, before bearing down on it again and pushing it above 270.

If he can actually produce this as a reliable road car, it's pretty damned amazing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.