VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Here Goes Nothin (K3ith)

heres the situation. i want to lower it thats for sure however i am still amazed that i can take a corner and the car feels like it just hugs everything. i don't want to lose traction and i don't want a extremely stiff ride. basically i want almost oem ride quality with a lower stance and still be adjustable for the winter. and for the tints the only thing i want them for is just to keep the temp down a bit inside since it has black leather, but not really a big fan of tint i want to stay for a very clean look.
P.S. thanks for the compliment. this car is actually impeccable paint, interior, and all mechanical issues are getting fixed through the dealer since it is a certified dealership.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Here Goes Nothin (5speedfury)

As for the front license plate the only reason I haven't removed it is only because they bored some nice holes in the bumper to I stall it. Thanks vw dealership
The interior is black leather through out, outside is completely stock. Engine is a 1.8t all it's got is a k&n air filter.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Re: Here Goes Nothin (B3passat19)

looks good deff a nice start...now I wuld start saving your pennies for some low http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Here Goes Nothin (Peetah05)

Quote, originally posted by Peetah05 »
Why post a stock car, once again...?
I see these on the road everyday. Don't need to see it.

if you read the topic it say. "Here Goes Nothin". As in I'm about to begin my journey so this is the begining of it.
You've just been explained. Haha

·
Banned
16,664 Posts
Re: Here Goes Nothin (B3passat19)

Welcome, car looks like a good starting point, just be careful not to listen to everything that people tell you on here.
Be smart about modifying your car. Cheap coilovers like racelands/rokkors will not give you what you want for handling and ride quality. The B&Gs that someone suggested are an example of a smart choice.
Also with a 1.8t, the best easy thing that you can do is chip it. You will probaby want to upgrade the diverter valve at the same time. But that could interfere with your warranty. Also keep in mind that the timing belt and water pump should be replaced every 80k.
Keep up with maintenance, and if a cheap mod sounds too good to be true, it is. You seem to want I keep this car sensible, and cheap mods will hurt that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.