VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run a 2.0 liter 16v (9a) bottom end with 1.8 liter 8v digi 2 head(P&P, 3 angle, hortech270 cam).
I know that compression would be around 13:1
I am looking to get my compression to about 11.5 or 12:1
I found crazy guy that runs this setup with 3 stacked head gaskets.
He told me that his compression is about 11.75:1
Does anyone have this swap in their car?
Any advise?
Does anyone know of anyone that makes thicker copper head gaskets? I need a 2.0 liter 16v head gasket
any help would be great
thanks

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Re: Here is an interesting situation....I need your help guys...please (SpoonEngineering)

I'm pretty sure EIP, C2 motorsports or other places that specialize in forced induction would have what you're looking for, or could custom-make it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Re: Here is an interesting situation....I need your help guys...please (SpoonEngineering)

I know someone who has a similar engine in his '84 Scirocco. 9A block, 8v solid lifter head, big cam, 4-1 TT header, funky compression, sounds like a chainsaw on steroids. Call 206-782-6410 and ask for Dylan. I'm not sure where you are geographically. Some guy in Bellingham WA built the engine for him. He can probably give you more.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Here is an interesting situation....I need your help guys...please (vag junkie)

thanks alot guys for your info. i am going to give this guy a call

·
Registered
4,445 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SpoonEngineering »
I want to run a 2.0 liter 16v (9a) bottom end with 1.8 liter 8v digi 2 head(P&P, 3 angle, hortech270 cam).
I know that compression would be around 13:1
I am looking to get my compression to about 11.5 or 12:1
I found crazy guy that runs this setup with 3 stacked head gaskets.
He told me that his compression is about 11.75:1
Does anyone have this swap in their car?
Any advise?
Does anyone know of anyone that makes thicker copper head gaskets? I need a 2.0 liter 16v head gasket
any help would be great
thanks

given that you'll be running race gas anyway, why bother lowering the compression? 13:1 is fine on race gas. Also stacked headgaskets are a bad idea- they will probably make the engine more likely to detonate due to the lost squish.
If you do do this, there is a small tit that sticks up on the 16V pistons that needs to be machined off, or it could contact the 8V head

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Here is an interesting situation....I need your help guys...please (bobqzzi)

i didnt think that running around 11.5 to 1 would require race fuel.
i thought that super unleaded would be good enough?
can someone let me know

·
Registered
4,445 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SpoonEngineering »
i didnt think that running around 11.5 to 1 would require race fuel.
i thought that super unleaded would be good enough?
can someone let me know

11.5:1 is race fuel only

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Here is an interesting situation....I need your help guys...please (bobqzzi)

damn it...i am going to kill my friend...he swore up and down that under 12:1 would run on super......i cant run race fuel all the time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts