VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do we have to do to wake people up! I found this show Euro dubs listed on gti16v.org. they had a class for every VW but B3/B4. For the Passats they had B5 stock & mod. and New Passat (B5 1/2)s & m. I guess our money isn't any good!

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Re: Here we go again! (HT WTR)

Yeah every car show I've gone to I get put in with the newer GTI's, never a b3 or b4 class.
But then again, I'm always the only Passat out there!
Oh the price of being original! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
223 Posts

Hmmm...I'm usually in with the Raddos. Strange? Well I know both the Corrado and Passat share quite a few parts, but not much else in common. We definately attract the most attention..Beauty and Brawn! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2017 Golf Wagon 4motion Highline
19,963 Posts
Re: Here we go again! (Passat-Passions)

Geez, even when the B3/B4's were new they were overlooked.
I can remember when I got my syncro in the summer of '91 and being frustrated that there were few after-market parts for the Passat. I can remember reading the very first issue of European Car - it had formerly been VW & Porsche magazine. That issue was filled with A2 Jetta and Golf projects as well as Scirocco and even the Vanagon, but nothing for the B3 Passat. I think the second issue had a Passat in it, but all they'd done to it was add smoked tail lights and side markers.
I can remember the 2-page ads for Neuspeed (Back when they only sold parts for VW's) and there was little availble for the Passat aside from lowering springs and sway bars and 16V upgrades.
The worst was the fact that I had a syncro. All these US-based VW after-market tuners did not have lowering springs or sway bars for the syncro since it wasn't sold in the US.
Keep in mind that this was back in the days before any VW tuners were on the internet so that made it even more difficult to find stuff for your Passat.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Re: Here we go again! (penya79)

quote:[HR][/HR]there's still not too many aftermarket parts for b4

there's always b3 and b5....[HR][/HR]​
Too true http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif . Did the B3's really sell that much better than the B4's

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Here we go again! (penya79)

I thought that the Passat only show would be a hit. It turned out to be a B5 show 57 cars 2 B4s and 1 B3. I may be wrong but it seems that a lot of the Passats are in Canada. Is that where they hit first?

·
Registered
845 Posts

I'm showing my B3 on Sunday, at a show near Manchester, UK. The class I'm in is called:
"Other VW's Built After 1977 (Jettas, Passats etc)"
At least the Passat has been recognised here. I guess the situation is a bit different in Europe though, where the 35i models are almost as popular as B5's
I'll let you know how I get on anyway, and try and get some pictures of my Passat while it's all cleaned up!

[Modified by Jez, 1:44 PM 8-6-2002]

·
Banned
1,378 Posts
Re: Here we go again! (Jez)

yeah.......RON i ehar ya on this BullSh*t...that going on!!!!!
I posted up.....on the mid atlantic regional section.....basiclaly bitching at the organizers...for noit having a b3/b4 class..in that show!!!!!!
Its gotta stop.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts