VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let someone drive my car.
Somehow, he thought he needed to push DOWN on the shifter when he shifted to 3rd.
Managed to get the tranny STUCK in 3rd gear, and while messing with the stick trying to get it out, popped the plastic linkage guide off the side.
I had to pull it at maybe 20-30lb of force to get it out of third. I still have no idea how he managed to do that.
Once I got the linkage put back together everything was fine. Tranny was as smooth as ever. (for a VW tranny
)

Anyone else ever manage to do this?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Re: Here's a good one. (Cypher2k)

quote:[HR][/HR] Let someone drive my car.
Somehow, he thought he needed to push DOWN on the shifter when he shifted to 3rd.
Managed to get the tranny STUCK in 3rd gear, and while messing with the stick trying to get it out, popped the plastic linkage guide off the side.
I had to pull it at maybe 20-30lb of force to get it out of third. I still have no idea how he managed to do that.
Once I got the linkage put back together everything was fine. Tranny was as smooth as ever. (for a VW tranny
)

Anyone else ever manage to do this? [HR][/HR]​

I would shoot myself!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.