VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Re: Here's a project. Measure your Voltage at the fuel pump on a WOT run.. (mrkrad)

Definitely agreed...
I'll soon have a KenneBell boost a pump on my CIS-Lambda fueled Lysholm Cabby. During my CIS testing - 11v at the pump= around 290cc/min. 14v brought flow up to 340-350cc/min per injector...
The only problem with all this is trying to get a call through - KB is notoriously difficult to get ahold of....

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Here's a project. Measure your Voltage at the fuel pump on a WOT run.. (Peter Tong)

most american parts suppliers, like jegs/summit/ls1(you nameit)/ford(aftermarket) places supply these items, even used.
ebay might not be bad to get one for a bargain. The boost based idea is kewl. The website makes alot of good points, but overdriving an electrical motor has some drawbacks imo. I spose if you aren't boosting all the time it looks logical.
i might scour ebay and corral/ls1tech to see if i can get a few cheap and try out.
i know my digi pump isn't up to snuff at high rpm/boost rates. The extra voltage might be the answer.
11V at the pump? thats nasty. I'm guessing peter, you have found an answer that many others would find as well.
hmm.
tnx for the info

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Re: Here's a project. Measure your Voltage at the fuel pump on a WOT run.. (mrkrad)

what is involed in installing one of these boost a pumps?Is it just a relay that is activated by a boost pressure switch?

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Here's a project. Measure your Voltage at the fuel pump on a WOT run.. (Tommy D)

yah but you could probably relay in a thick 00 gauge? wire and 40amp fuse direct from the battery. Question is will an power regulator at the pump induce more volts than the loss of power from wire run so far?
any stereo experts ever measure voltage loss across such a distance?

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Re: Here's a project. Measure your Voltage at the fuel pump on a WOT run.. (Tommy D)

too bad Corrado's were never CIS......

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Re: Here's a project. Measure your Voltage at the fuel pump on a WOT run.. (130_R)

Quote, originally posted by 130_R »
too bad Corrado's were never CIS......

well, at least in the us...

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Re: Here's a project. Measure your Voltage at the fuel pump on a WOT run.. (130_R)

Well its only a problem on CIS at the outer limits of fuel flow - like when you are running higher flow CIS injectors, etc... normally not a problem on stock vehicles...
I think a BAP would be a good idea for any performance vehicle personally...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts