VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so friday after thanksgiving i was commng up 95 when some jerko** slams on his brakes and stops. yes he stops in the middle of moving traffic on 95. i had no where to go due to heavy volume except into the back of his 2002 toyota 4runner that had a real nice trailer hitch on it. so as you could only imagine.......

yeah. welcome to my life.

Modified by SomeXIridemybike at 8:41 PM 11-27-2006

· Registered
2,344 Posts
Re: Here's My Thanksgiving. Bad News :(:(:(:(:( (RDM)

Quote, originally posted by RDM »
that sucks. I hate to say it, but you were probably following too close.

Agreed. Teach you to either tailgate or follow to close. Now you're insurance is going to go up and if you caused any damage to his rig..well you know the rest.

· Banned
12,697 Posts
Re: Here's My Thanksgiving. Bad News :(:(:(:(:( (RDM)

Quote, originally posted by RDM »
that sucks. I hate to say it, but you were probably following too close.

Quote, originally posted by NH16VGTi »
yet another mk2 gone due to dumb people on the road

harsh but true

· Registered
5,567 Posts
Re: Here's My Thanksgiving. Bad News :(:(:(:(:( (mozart)

Quote, originally posted by mozart »

Agreed. Teach you to either tailgate or follow to close. Now you're insurance is going to go up and if you caused any damage to his rig..well you know the rest.

+1, as much as im gonna get flamed for saying it, its probably was your fault. I usually dont do it, but i have plenty of friends who religiously do the "brake check" deal when someone creeps up too close. alright, sometimes i slip it in if they are playing "hide the headlights"

· Registered
4,618 Posts
Re: Here's My Thanksgiving. Bad News :(:(:(:(:( (SoCal_GLI)

that one there actually looks saveable
new:
hood
rebar
rad(s)
rad support
fenders
rebar brackets
and some time with a portapower and a buffer, should be as good as new.
I have seen worse fixed to better than new.

· Registered
231 Posts
Re: Here's My Thanksgiving. Bad News :(:(:(:(:( (SomeXIridemybike)

Quote, originally posted by SomeXIridemybike »
i had no where to go due to heavy volume except into the back of his 2002 toyota 4runner that had a real nice trailer hitch on it. so as you could only imagine.......

the hitch prolly didnt do that much damage, it looks like the ass of that 4 runner did it, a hitch is only like 2 inches lol

· Registered
15,249 Posts
Re: Here's My Thanksgiving. Bad News :(:(:(:(:( (projectvwg86)

Quote, originally posted by projectvwg86 »
thats really too bad. i wouldnt even be talking about it on here id be so upset. maybe you can get something outta it, but your prolly getting blamed for the fault im guessing?

i believe that anyone who rear ends another car is automatically liable due to following too close....
ccrappy lesson for the OP to learn, but now maybe he'll allow a safe distance between himself and those he follows...
sorry about the car though, man

· Registered
12,679 Posts
Re: Here's My Thanksgiving. Bad News :(:(:(:(:( (91gti_wolfsburg)

Quote, originally posted by 91gti_wolfsburg »
that one there actually looks saveable

I was thinking the same thing - there doesn't look to be any (or much) frame damage since the majority of the impact was above the rebar. There will be some straightening of the inner fenders but that shouldn't be that dramatic.
Find yourself a cheap winter beater, pull the damaged panels and the drivetrain. Then you're all ready to start getting the car back together.
FWIW, I twisted the front of my car about 1' to the right and 1' up in an accident. A few hours on the frame machine (and all new sheet metal) and my car doesn't look any different except for a fresh paint job.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.