VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Hesitation on a G60T, where else to look for problem? Help!

293 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ZeroK 
#1 ·
Alrighty, here's the deal, this just started today, and i need to get it fixed tonight so i can get home to work tomorrow....
Engine idles and drives ok, problems happen when i go to accelerate or the engine starts to get underload....symptons are basically major hesitation and powerloss, happens pretty much between 2500 and 4000 rpms after that it spools right up and takes off....
i just replaced cap, rotor, plugs and wires....and i cleaned off both battery terminals very well in case there was a bad ground or something along those lines...after all that, no changes at all, still does the same thing to the same extent....i did notice however that one of the spark plugs seemed to have a bit more carbon deposits on it, as if that cylinder is running rich....
am i on the right track? probably getting all my problems from that one cylinder not firing? what is the most likely cause of a injector acting up like that? dirty? wiring? clogged? whats the best/fastest way to cure those things so i can get home

thanks all!

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Hesitation on a G60T, where else to look for problem? Help! (Krautaholic)

First thing I would check would be all the vac. hoses expecally the one behind the throttle body that goes to the ECU. and check the grounds on the engine, one behind valve cover to the coil, the one on drivers side of cylinder head on coolant flange gets corroded easy

#3 ·
Re: Hesitation on a G60T, where else to look for problem? Help! (Tommy D)

100 dollars into the igntion system and it turns out a 3 dollar bottle of injector cleaner solved my problems...big http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to Lucas injector cleaner!

#4 ·
Re: Hesitation on a G60T, where else to look for problem? Help! (Krautaholic)

Had similar prob with my car... was the coolant temp sensor for the ECU - I think it is the blue one. Makes the car not fuel correctly. That said however - generally cleared up when warmer - wasnt quite perfect. Now though, she is running well. It may not be a G60... but I am using G60 management. Always felt like I had to press the pedal a little further than usual to get it to go. Turns out was that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.