VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with them? Purchased a CPO GLI there last Saturday night. After all the rain I finally had the time to clean it. When I was looking at the tires I noticed the cracks. Do you think this is a safety issue?
Dropping by tomorrow to see if they will do anything. Wondering if I have a case or they will fight me on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tires are not a warranty issue. Get some tires at Discount Tire and get an alignment afterwards.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930P mediante Tapatalk
I understand that, but it was a Certified Pre-owned vehicle. They told me the tires were 8/10. There are standards that they have to meet and I feel that the tires are below that standard. Had I known that, I would've bargained new tires into our deal.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Best way to check is the numbers after DOT. That should give you the age of the tires. For ex. If the four digits read 2311. It means they were manufactured the 23rd week of 2011. If the tires are old, I'd say you have a claim.

Make sure you request to join Austin Euro Gruppe on Facebook.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I have purchased 5 cars from Hewlett. I took my R32 to them for services and have taken my current R to them as well. There were many times I would drive down to them instead of using Automax in Killeen. For the most part, Hewlett has treated me very well. Almost all concerns I ever had were addressed in both sales and service departments.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What did you end up telling them? That's great customer service!

I had them look at the condition of the tires. They initially assessed them as 8/32, but when I checked them, it was 4/32 - 5/32. They messed up with their assessment and had to give me new tires.

It had nothing to do with the dry rot. I guess I lucked out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.