VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with my car, I am not making the boost I should be and I am thinking that my chip might be in stock mode or something. I bought the car used and I am not even sure if I have an APR chip (haven't pulled the computer yet, bought the car used) but I think this is a good place to start. so how do I switch between chip modes?
in regards to the Audi, NOT THE JETTA

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
Re: Hey APR guys how do I switch between chip modes? (juggernut)

Legal Waiver at its best LOL
quote:[HR][/HR]
EMCS features are not intended to be used to deceive dealerships or any other party with regards to warranty work. EMCS is intended to function in a manner closely resembling that of the stock ECU programming so that car diagnosis and repair is unimpaired.
Certain engine software programs may not meet state or federal requirements regarding emissions or other such regulations. These programs are intended for off-road use only.
[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Hey APR guys how do I switch between chip modes? (juggernut)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well what makes you think that you have an APR chip????[HR][/HR]​
nothing, but I don't have any place where I can work on my car and pull my ECU and find out, so flipping a couple switches in my car is about all I can do, if it does not work I don't have an APR chip.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Re: Hey APR guys how do I switch between chip modes? (vedubya)

Well turn the key till the dash light come on, but the cars not started. Turn on the cruse control then hold down the set button, after 5 seconds if CEL or Engine light dosent flash then you probably dont. I doubt that someone would sell thier car with the chip in thier, but who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts