VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Re: (Markasaurus!)

Whatever floats your boat.. I should say that personally I would never spend even a fraction of that buy it now price on that motor. The ability to say it's a quad turbo V12 to me is not worth that price premium. With that out of the way.. cool.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Re: (bugatti212)

Engine not street legal? Can someone explain this to me? How the hell is anyone going to know the difference?
(maybe I should have asked this in the "questions you're afraid to ask" thread.....
)

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback XT
2,733 Posts
Re: (thesteve)

Quote, originally posted by thesteve »
Engine not street legal? Can someone explain this to me? How the hell is anyone going to know the difference?
(maybe I should have asked this in the "questions you're afraid to ask" thread.....
)

my guess it would have to be the exhaust standards doesn't match according to california's emission's test

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Re: (nevermas)

Quote, originally posted by nevermas »

my guess it would have to be the exhaust standards doesn't match according to california's emission's test

So you could drop it in something here in Michigan...hypothetically....(no emissions).....and chances are, you'd have no reason to worry?
....or would you somehow be liable if you were ever in an accident?

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Re: (Markasaurus!)

Quote, originally posted by Markasaurus! »
Where would you ever get one of those?

The factory was shut down midway through production when the money ran out, so it's not surprising that there might be some leftover pieces laying around.
It was my understanding that a lot of it ended up with Dauer and some with B. Engineering that developed the Edonis.
Maybe this engine was snuck out the back door one day.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
It's a shame they dont lower the price. As Page7 said, it's been on EBay for a long time now, comming & going. Of course my love of the EB110 & all varients (GT/SS) blind me to such triffling things. If I had that kind of money I'd snatch it up faster than Carmen Electra.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.