VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did a search but just want to know the basics.
I will wait for a chip for a bit, but will do exhaust, dp, diverter valve, inlet pipe, and intake within the first few months.
Could you guys point me in the right direction for these parts? any exhaust systems that sound great?
And i'm not asking because i'm a R(cer, but do the upgraded diverter valves make any noise? what are my options for it, any bypass valves? Again not asking for stupidity, just want a decent sound, but not too loud.
Is the inlet pipe a good upgrade?
And is the eurosport intake any good with the heat shield, if not then which one is good.
And last but not least, what is the best chip? the most undetectable,
I know most these questions have been asked to death, but please help me, i'm getting my new car soon, and i'm so excited to be leaving the tdi that has brought me bad luck.
Thanks once again!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Re: Hey guys, picking up a 1.8t, have some basic questions, please help (dieseldub1)

Hint, at the top of this forum you will find a thread that includes the letters F A Q along with the two words 'please read'.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Re: Hey guys, picking up a 1.8t, have some basic questions, please help (laurent)

i have techtonics and it sounds nice and i love it. but just cause i say it sounds "nice" doesnt mean u will think the same. search for some sound clips there is some on here.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Re: Hey guys, picking up a 1.8t, have some basic questions, please help (dieseldub1)

The DV's noise will be more audible once you add a Cold Air Intake (CAI). At that point, it's sound will most resemble a blow-off valve.
There are plenty of banner advertisers here on the boards from which you can purchase your parts from. Right now turbo-backs from GHL seem to be the hot ticket, but I like my Techtonics as well. As far as DV's, TurboXS, Bailey, Forge, Hyperboost, all work well. Inlet pipes are a divided topic, some like them, others don't...I personally like my Neuspeed inlet pipe.. It gave me better throttle response..not too sure about HP though...As far as the eurosport intake, I'd go with their cold air, and not the heat-shielded one.... And best chip..no such thing..good chips, GIAC, APR, Revo are popular..

Modified by Bora18t at 5:03 AM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Re: Hey guys, picking up a 1.8t, have some basic questions, please help (KGilman)

Is that all you people can say"search" "try the search".He already said he tried the search.So either say you dan't know or answer his damn questions.I swear that is all I see on here is people being smart @$$E$.Oh yeah try the search button!

Modified by jettaman161 at 6:08 AM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Re: Hey guys, picking up a 1.8t, have some basic questions, please help (jettaman161)

Quote, originally posted by jettaman161 »
Is that all you people can say"search" "try the search".He already said he tried the search.So either say you dan't know or answer his damn questions.I swear that is all I see on here is people being smart @$$E$.Oh yeah try the search button!

Modified by jettaman161 at 6:08 AM 5-19-2004

I found this thread using the keywords "freak + out". Really just trying to be helpful, try decaf.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Re: Hey guys, picking up a 1.8t, have some basic questions, please help (KGilman)

Chip = GIAC
DV = Part # ends in 710N (same DV off of the Audi TT with 225hp and K04)
Exhuast = Milltek, its the quietest system out there besides stock, but still gives good gains.
Intake/CAI = I would stay stock, thought it is rare there are some people that have hydrolocked. Now tell me if the new $3000 engine is worth the <10hp you MIGHT get. I dont think so. Plus you will voice you warranty. If you dont care, more power to you. Again there is a reason 99% of the CAI companies say for RACE USE ONLY.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Re: Hey guys, picking up a 1.8t, have some basic questions, please help (VWGolfA4)

Quote, originally posted by VWGolfA4 »
Exhuast = Milltek, its the quietest system out there besides stock, but still gives good gains.

Add eG Solid to the list of "quietest" exhausts. It's cheaper than Milltek, they have frequent Group Buys on the eG Solid for $499 shipped.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

Quote, originally posted by KGilman »

I found this thread using the keywords "freak + out". Really just trying to be helpful, try decaf.

Justfor the record I was just joking around,thats why I ended it saying oh yeah try the search button

1 - 11 of 11 Posts