VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Lennocks yesterday, and overheard Peter Munday talking about the Polo Caddy expected on our shores in the last quarter.... Yeah baby, Drum and PA luggin' time... Beats the Daewoo merc van, huh?
Actually, this should bear well for me as I am buying a house this year. By the time the MkV is out and established, I should have enough equity to get a Golf and a caddy as a package deal. No, the GTI will not be for sale.
Also while at Lennocks, Peter told me the stripped bits off the R32 inc brakes, interior, instrument pod, suspension etc are being fitted to a anthracite grey Bora V6 4motion as a special dealer fit limited edition. It could work...?

·
Registered
30,932 Posts
Re: Hey, hey, my next VW (Stevemk2gti)

Quote, originally posted by Stevemk2gti »
Also while at Lennocks, Peter told me the stripped bits off the R32 inc brakes, interior, instrument pod, suspension etc are being fitted to a anthracite grey Bora V6 4motion as a special dealer fit limited edition. It could work...?

Hmm, pity they left the engine behind though!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Re: Hey, hey, my next VW (Stevemk2gti)

Stevemk2gti said:
I was at Lennocks yesterday, and overheard Peter Munday talking about the Polo Caddy expected on our shores in the last quarter.... Yeah baby, Drum and PA luggin' time... Beats the Daewoo merc van, huh?
The Caddy is actually Golf V based not Polo.
Great to hear VW Commercial Vehicles Australia are importing this vehicle,would make a great second hand vehicle

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Re: Hey, hey, my next VW (phaeton)

is this the thing that shapes like a Holden Combo or the Citroen Berlingo?
they race these things overseas

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Re: Hey, hey, my next VW (Lams)

Quote, originally posted by Lams »
is this the thing that shapes like a Holden Combo or the Citroen Berlingo?
they race these things overseas

It is about the size as the latest Combo and has similar roofline.
The one that races in the VW Cup in the UK is the previous generation which was based on the SEAT Inca Van.
If you'd like to see a picture of both go to http://www.autoindex.org and go to Volkswagen Germany.

·
Registered
14,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Hey, hey, my next VW (phaeton)

Quote, originally posted by phaeton »

The Caddy is actually Golf V based not Polo.

Really? They all used to be Polo based. I wonder why they changed? Doesnt make much sense seeing as the Barina Combo and Berlingo are all smaller....... Veruckt....
Any photos anyone?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts