VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dash in very good shape and am going to put it up for sale but I have no idea what to ask, if anyone has a rough estimate I'd really appreciate it.

(and please if you aren't going to answer the question and are only going to reply with a smart aleck comment, don't. Thanks in advance)

· Registered
20,495 Posts
i gave one away because i couldn't sell it for $50

traded another for a set of drop-in HIDs

a friend threw one away because he couldn't give it away.

ive heard of people paying +$200 for clean ones.

so, like all old parts, somewhere between $0 and alot.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering when Caption Obvious would show up.

I mean, thanks, but why is it when you ask "how much is this worth" does someone always reply with that completely obvious answer?

Of course it's only worth what people will pay, that can literally be said about anything ever sold.

You can still estimate approx value.

· Registered
14,525 Posts

I mean, thanks, but why is it when you ask "how much is this worth" does someone always reply with that completely obvious answer?

Of course it's only worth what people will pay, that can literally be said about anything ever sold.

You can still estimate approx value.
because it's obvious? :confused:

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yup.

because it's obvious?

Yeah............ it is. And everyone already knows it.....so why say it?

That's kind of why I put that little disclaimer in my OP? He wasn't exactly a smart aleck about it....but at the same time......he answered with something that is obvious and really doesn't need to be said.

Oh well, again thanks to the guys who gave real answers. Good night.

· Registered
20,495 Posts
tl;dr.

also: learn how to quote posts.

· Registered
14,525 Posts
Yeah............ it is. And everyone already knows it.....so why say it?
because it's obvious

That's kind of why I put that little disclaimer in my OP? He wasn't exactly a smart aleck about it....but at the same time......he answered with something that is obvious and really doesn't need to be said.

Oh well, again thanks to the guys who gave real answers. Good night.
So you just wanted to hear what you wanted to hear? :confused:

Oh well, have fun with your mk4. Seems like a good car for you.:)

· Registered
2,259 Posts
Have you already got any people interested on it?

My best advise if you feel that you don't have a solid answer is to ask for an offer, see how much people offer you and try to get as much as possible since it's in pretty good shape. Pretty much you are going to get as much as your dealing skills allow you to get, but I would say that less than $120 would be a good deal for the new owner and you :thumbup:

· Registered
1,419 Posts
I paid around $100+shipping for a perfect blue late-westy dash a couple of years ago. If you have one and somebody wants it, you might get $100 - $150. If nobody wants it for that much, be prepared to sit on it until somebody does.

· Registered
746 Posts
I bought a perfect MK2 Dash for $40 during a parts swap. I don't think the guy was sober :beer::p

· Registered
760 Posts
I just bought a 1980 Caddy two days ago and don't like the large clock on the right. I'd rather have a tach. Do you still have the instrument cluster?
Kevin
83 gti cluster w/tach wouldnt fit my 84 jetta with a clock, plug harness was way different.

to the op, put it for sale for higher than reasonable and see what people lowball you with and negotiate from there, asking people here questions like that is gonna unleash a free-for-all of foolish answers. thats why every mk1 part in the classifieds are so overpriced :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.