VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and searched... I wanna see pics of an automatic cluster and compare it to my manual cluster... also, if anyone has something impressive to show off, well, by all means drop those also!

· Registered
6,943 Posts
Re: Hey Mk4ers... I want to see the difference between auto VS. Manual inst. clusters (dragonfli_x)

also, there is a green light in the cluster that tells you the shift lock is on untill you step on the brake to move it out of park..

· Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool... I was mainly focusing on the RPM face onthe left... can any of you all tell me how many warning lights there are and what are they?...
my face consists of (from clockwise): airbag warning / blank / cruise / brakes / fogs / EPC / Car w/ the key under it.

· Registered
2,657 Posts
Re: (dragonfli_x)

Here's another shot of my cluster, the only things that didn't light up were
The ASR Light (my car didn't have it)
The Brake wear light (because my brakes are fine)
I also think there is a "Crusie" Light on the RPM side

· Registered
2,657 Posts

Quote, originally posted by dragonfli_x »
cool... I was mainly focusing on the RPM face onthe left... can any of you all tell me how many warning lights there are and what are they?...
my face consists of (from clockwise): airbag warning / blank / cruise / brakes / fogs / EPC / Car w/ the key under it.

Also VW Changed the clusters in late 2000 and then again in 2002.5. Just little things

· Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Highlander1010)

well, the reason I ask is because I have a boost gauge w/ AirFuel meter imbedded on a cluster that looks like this:

for sale
Just wondered what it went to so that I can sell it accordingly...

· Registered
4,593 Posts

hey i talked to the guy that makes those boost gauges a long time ago, do you remember what his name is on here? if so can you im me with his name, i need him to make me one of those lil things http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Re: (2002gtibluvr6)

Quote, originally posted by 2002gtibluvr6 »
hey i talked to the guy that makes those boost gauges a long time ago, do you remember what his name is on here? if so can you im me with his name, i need him to make me one of those lil things http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

ShokWaveRider

· Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm selling that face complete with boost sensor and dimmer adjustment :)

yep... guy named IAN... pretty cool guy from Europe from the sounds of it... I bought one of his premade ones but i believe it is only for a 2000 car... so I'm out of luck and he can't accept refunds so I'm selling the one you see before you. If anyone is interested, IM me and I'll get you a good deal...
He does great work, but it's also not just a a couple of bucks... you get what you pay for... and it's a lot!

· Registered
562 Posts
Re: I'm selling that face complete with boost sensor and dimmer adjustment :) (dragonfli_x)

yep... guy named IAN... pretty cool guy from Europe from the sounds of it... I bought one of his premade ones but i believe it is only for a 2000 car... so I'm out of luck and he can't accept refunds so I'm selling the one you see before you. If anyone is interested, IM me and I'll get you a good deal...
He does great work, but it's also not just a a couple of bucks... you get what you pay for... and it's a lot!

Are you only selling that piece in the picture, or what exactly are you selling? lol

· Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: I'm selling that face complete with boost sensor and dimmer adjustment :) (erobinson)

Everything here is on sale... just one, because I bought this face thinkingall cars are created equal, but in fact... they aren't so here it is... I'm selling it... it's in my Jetta because I'm dropping another load of money to get one done on my original cluster face... so This one is actually pretty good considering you won't have to f-up your original to get probably the best stealth boost gauges out there (that you can see without diverting your eyes too far from the road!).

· Registered
3,190 Posts

anybody got more pics of the stock faces? I wanna know if its possible to swap my 2000 jetta 2.0 automatic faces with a euro cluster (or if i have to find a specific eurocluster model).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.