VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think it's about the time to get my car aligned when i have to hold the wheel to the left about 10 degrees to go strait. does anyone have any good places in mind, and the pricing of this

·
Registered
523 Posts
Re: hey, MN, recomended alignment places for lower cars (Madtac44)

Holman Automotive in Eden Prairie..
Look it up in the Yellow Book or whatever..
cheers

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: hey, MN, recomended alignment places for lower cars (B5BAR)

hey, thanks, any idea on the pricing though?

·
Registered
117 Posts

i charge 66.00 for an alignment. thats the going rate in nebraska.

·
Registered
541 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Madtac44 »
hey, thanks, any idea on the pricing though?

Mike is very reasonable, he helped me put my 1st suspension setup in 4 years ago!
Definitely give hm a call, you won't be disappointed! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: hey, MN, recomended alignment places for lower cars (EuroTrek)

so i should ask for mike at holman automotive?

·
Registered
154 Posts

i had holman install my h&r cupkit...my alignment was messed up and he had to realign it like 2 or 3 times...and on top of that he scratch the **** out of brand new black fender
when he was doin some other work under the hood....and then i watched him scratch the **** out of another persons fender (use fender covers) i am never goin back there i dont care if he use to work on pikes peak ruf porsches

·
Registered
523 Posts
Re: hey, MN, recomended alignment places for lower cars (Captain)

sounds terrable..
how big is the scratch? One persons scratch may be an other persons Swirl mark.
Mike isn't the type of guy that would let you hang.. If you came up to him and talked and showed him your car's scratch He is the type of guy to help take care of you.

·
Registered
541 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Captain »
he had to realign it like 2 or 3 times...and on top of that he scratch the **** out of brand new black fender
when he was doin some other work under the hood....and then i watched him scratch the **** out of another persons fender (use fender covers) i am never goin back there i dont care if he use to work on pikes peak ruf porsches

That doesn't sound like Mike
but I'm not saying it didn't happen. I will say he is a very very busy guy and last time I was there he had a couple of young guys helping him out becuse he is so busy, and they didn't seem very smooth if you know what I mean! So maybe someone other than mike actually did the work?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: hey, MN, recomended alignment places for lower cars (vr6zach)

cool, sounds like a good guy, i ill give him a call after i get back from cedar point on the 10th

·
Registered
154 Posts

no no they are scratches i can feel them...they are vertical scratches about a half of an inch long going along the top of the fender...there are some kids working there yes...but i actually saw mike scratch his belt buckle against some other customer's car except even worst then mine...but i didnt feel like starting something and him deny it and say whatever...i get that to much with mechanics...and i didnt feel like dealing with him anymore because he would fix something and then something connected to that would be all messed up and then i would have to go back and he would fix it for free blah blah blah...i live in apple valley that to much bs commuting for them to fix something they messed up when doing something else...but hey do what you want...i go to s&l now(even though thats further)but i know i wont have to make a second trip

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

hoosier wheel off of 35w near the u of m campus is by far the best in town. $35 for a front alignment and they will do "special" allignments if you ask them to, liek if you auto-x they will know what to do.... They did my race car and my golf when i put coilovers on. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts