VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup all...just got me my first v dub....a 94 jetta gls (dusty mauve)
its an auto....for now, already added the vr6 lights and waiting for the spoiler to come in. I wanna do alot more to it...thinkin sum black 16 in rims or a set of vr6 rims, z3 fenders, intake, chip...etc.
Needs a new cat, bout the only thing wrong w/ it...got it for 900 bux...runs great other than the cat...but I got a muffler for it and Im just gonna redo the whole exhaust...
ne other suggestions or nething at all, Im open to nething...
thanx all...

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: Hey Rhode Islanders.... (quiksilverjetta11)

yo what up dude!
Quote, originally posted by quiksilverjetta11 »

waiting for the spoiler to come in. - its a vr6 spoiler right? dont get one of those big aircraft wings that goes on a honda.
I wanna do alot more to it...thinkin sum black 16 in rims or a set of vr6 rims - This requires a 5-lug swap... but is very cool and you'll get better brakes out of the deal.
ne other suggestions or nething at all, Im open to nething...
1.8t swap

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Re: Hey Rhode Islanders.... (quiksilverjetta11)

Z3 fenders? http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
unless it's a VR6 spoiler or Raddo it's http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
Dont rice it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, its a vr6 spoiler....
already know my brakes are crap and that I'll need the lug conversion....how much does that cost about for the conversion from 4 lugs to 5???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (quiksilverjetta11)

I was thinkin by next summer of doin a vr6 swap and adding a supercharger over the 1.8t....or just gettin a mk3 gti or newer jetta...till the time comes for that...gotta do up the current toy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (volks98jetta2.0)

well then to compensate for my car bein an auto a chip along w/ a few other things will have to do I suppose then. I mean how many of u oceanstate dubbers have an automatic car??

·
Banned
7,047 Posts
Re: (sciroccoben27)

welcome!
my advice, take it as you will: put the money into the exhaust, brakes and suspension before doing any body mods. z3 fenders are rice. don't do it. say no to big aluminum wings. since it's an auto, and not a vr, i would think it would be better to save up for a glx or something with potential before dumping too much cash into the thing. but to each his own.
so, keep us posted on whatever you plan to do, and we'll see you at the gtg's
"dusty mauve".... isn't that another word for pink?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Re: (quiksilverjetta11)

1 or so
Quote, originally posted by quiksilverjetta11 »
well then to compensate for my car bein an auto a chip along w/ a few other things will have to do I suppose then. I mean how many of u oceanstate dubbers have an automatic car??

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Re: (sciroccoben27)

Quote, originally posted by sciroccoben27 »
i think its very close to zero, i cant thnik of any

I know of one, my gf, and she hates the auto

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Re: (CoolJetta3)

the title of this thread reminded me of that Ray Charles commercial for powerball on the radio "Hey Rhode Islanders, this weeks powerball is up to 22 million dollars! Where else can you buy a dream for a dollar?"

·
Banned
1,055 Posts
Re: (jetta3guy8913)

Quote, originally posted by jetta3guy8913 »
that makes two then nick...my gf and portia, must be something with the ladies

cough cough 5 speed swap my girls used to be a auto but she had it swapped at the same time as the turbo installed

·
Banned
7,047 Posts
Re: (CoolJetta3)

Quote, originally posted by CoolJetta3 »
the title of this thread reminded me of that Ray Charles commercial for powerball on the radio "Hey Rhode Islanders, this weeks powerball is up to 22 million dollars! Where else can you buy a dream for a dollar?"

don't you mean
"Hey Rhode Ahlandahs, this weeks pawaball is up to 22 million dallahs! Where helse can you buy a dream fo a dallah?"

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey for 900 bux I wasnt gonna pass the car up...runs perfect...Im gettin exhaust work done in 2 weeks. it needs a new cat and my friend just gave me his muffler so Im gonna do it all up. Dusty Mauve is like plum I guess....its the rarest color of all jetta's...so I hear. Im just gonna do what I Can to this one and next year Im gonna get a newer gti. Dont worry, no gross wings...Im goin for the vr6 look.
Im tryin to find vr6 rims and spoiler....

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
Re: (sirswank)

Quote, originally posted by sirswank »

don't you mean
"Hey Rhode Ahlandahs, this weeks pawaball is up to 22 million dallahs! Where helse can you buy a dream fo a dallah?"

hahahahaha
the first time i saw that commercial i was just waiting for him to have a stroke

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Re: (volks98jetta2.0)

Quote, originally posted by volks98jetta2.0 »

hahahahaha
the first time i saw that commercial i was just waiting for him to have a stroke

LOL, yeah I know

1 - 19 of 19 Posts