VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got a 96 gti vr6 lightly modded but put new radiator new crackpipe new hoses i have no coolant leaks and temp is perfect in car so the gauge says but my coolant light keeps flashing wtf is going on guys help

· Registered
2,347 Posts
check to make sure the metal rods inside the coolant bottle are not rusted.. remove battery for 10 min for the computer to reset that warning
I have had a similar issue. As ricardo suggest, remove your battery terminal for a few minutes then put them back. BUT DO NOT start the car right away. YOu need to re-calibrate your ECU. THis is done by simply turning your ignition to the accessory position, and then letting it sit for 5 minutes. If you dont do this your car will run like poop until the ECU re-learns all its air and fuel mixtures. Come back and let us know how you make out. :wave:

· Registered
647 Posts
I have the same problem and as of right now i'm leaning towards auxilary coolant pump/ bad sensor on the thermostat housing. That being said all of the sensors are new so i'm honestly not sure.

Also my fan only works in full blast and not in any other speed, so i'm not sure if this is related or not, if so i'm thinking aux coolant pump.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.