VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, god this is confusing, it took me forever to figure out how to do this. Anyway Im getting a 98(i think) a4 quattro pretty soon from my bf. It already 1.8t has a chip in it from AWE. So my question is what kind of 1/4 miles does this thing run do you think? And how much weight is there to take out of this thing reasonably? Might sound wierd coming from agirl but ive had fast cars before so im kind of a speed freak. Thanks
sara

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the response

What would it take to make a 1.8t a4 run mid to low 13s? Im not looking to make the ultimate drag car or anything, but alll my guy friends have fast cars and i want to be able to beat up on them still. I really like the way a4s look but the way im getting mine is by giving my bf my saab to use as a trade in, then hes going to give me the a4 when he buys something else. But my saab is going to be a lot faster than this thing even chipped. So it makes me think its not worth it. Moneys not really an object up to 10k. I want to just put a huge turbo on it so i can make at least 320+ horsepower, then replace whatever parts I need to, but im not sure about what other parts ill need or if its possible so give me ideas please! (no saab bashing either my saab makes 300hp)
Thanks,
Sara

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: thanks for the response (audiness)

Hmmm, thats a wierd comment to make audiness, little jealous maybe? Anyway you can rest assured Ill have enough to cover pretty much anything I want to do to my a4.
sara

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Re: thanks for the response (Sara Jade)

I doubt audiness is jealous of you and your $10,000. His comment was in reference to the vast amounts of money required to have an A4 make 320+hp. Is it possible, yes. Is it expensive, yes. Will it affect driveability, warranty, and longevity, yes yes yes. All you really need is either a K04 motorsport turbo (garret makes a good turbo as well), an intercooler is nice, you'll need a new fly wheel, a getrag transmission would be nice, probably want Porsche big brakes or speedtech, definitely need to remove the cats and get downpipes, a Borla or APR exhaust is a must, may as well get H&R coilovers and maybe OZ wheels to lighten the unsprung weight. On second thought, you might need more than 10 grand!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Hi, 1/4 mile (Sara Jade)

Well I ran a 14.2 at 97mph with the stock K03. That is its limit. I am now running the PES T28 kit and ran a 13.6 but should run low 13's to high 12's soon. I just put down a 1.859 60 ft time down with that kit yesterday at a track that has just about no traction off the line. You can always talk to AudiGirl(jackie) she works at AWE and drag races too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.