VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what mode are you usually in? I tried sport normal and comfort. I think in sport mode the gears shift kinda weirdly, not sure if that is because I haven't fully broken in yet. Comfort mode the gears shift pretty lazily which I also dislike. Now my favorite is normal which IMO has the smoothest shifting.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Custom mode for me, the range of adjustments on the custom mode is one of the things that sold me on this car. I have the tranny and steering set to sport and suspension set to comfort. If I need more power, I put the shifter into sport mode and its a bit quicker on the throttle and if I need more corning stability, I put the car into sport mode.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Custom virtually all the time:

Suspension: Between normal and comfort
Drive: Normal
Steering: Sport
Headlights: Sport
ACC: Normal
Climate control: Normal

I enjoy the heavier steering of Sport but don't want to be holding high gears all the time. Roads around here are bad enough that Sport suspension is not very fun for everyday commuting.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Custom virtually all the time:

Suspension: Between normal and comfort
Drive: Normal
Steering: Sport
Headlights: Sport
ACC: Normal
Climate control: Normal

I enjoy the heavier steering of Sport but don't want to be holding high gears all the time. Roads around here are bad enough that Sport suspension is not very fun for everyday commuting.
Same here!
I'll go into Sport though on secondary highways with smooth pavement.
And Comfort for really rough stretches.
(Plus Econo a few times when I was really pushing the cruising range between fill-ups...)
Overall, yet another really nice feature of the Arteon, definitely not just a gimmick.

I also recently discovered (via this forum, after a mere 50,000+ miles!) that the drive can easily be put into Sport independent of the overall mode selection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It may be just me. I can't really tell the difference in suspension in different modes... so what I care is just gear shifting, and normal mode does it best for me.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Mainly normal on the day to day, comfort of the roads are bad (Atlanta), and sport of I’m in the mountains. Eco if road tripping.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Custom for me - all settings to sport except suspension dialed back 2-3 clicks from max. I've always found the best handling isn't always the maximum stiffness - just a little bit of give can tame mid-corner bumps and cracks while still keeping body roll at a minimum. On a track, max stiff might be great, but on less than perfect roads, I like to keep it sporty but with just a little more travel to handle the imperfections better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I played with most of the settings including Custom. I just ended with Sport. Since the Drive resets to Normal every time you restart the car (notice it shows D not S) I just end up with a sort of Custom where everything is Sport except the Drive and I turn on the Sport shifting by hitting the Mode Sport when I want it the shifting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts