1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me introduce my self....
I come from Poland...
I owe a car.... 1,8t.....
380hp.... and I wonder to have more.... much more.... And so i do have some questions...:
1 Does anybody produce racing bearings for that engine?
2 It seems that the old 20 Vt cyll head is not going to let more air.... any ideas? (maybe 1,8 N/A cams, or maybe 1,8 16 valves VW cyll head)?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Re: Hi.... I am new... almost new.... and has some questions... (Bullitt)

tell us what mods you have to produce the claimed 380 hp and then we can maybe help you get more. kinda hard to get from A-B if you dont know where A is.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Re: Hi.... I am new... almost new.... and has some questions... (Bullitt)

Quote, originally posted by Bullitt »
Let me introduce my self....
I come from Poland...
I owe a car.... 1,8t.....
380hp.... and I wonder to have more.... much more.... And so i do have some questions...:
1 Does anybody produce racing bearings for that engine?
2 It seems that the old 20 Vt cyll head is not going to let more air.... any ideas? (maybe 1,8 N/A cams, or maybe 1,8 16 valves VW cyll head)?

The standard bearings should be fine.
There are 2 versions of the 1.8T head, big port and small port. If you have the small port head the large port one flows quite a bit more. 16V VW heads are really pretty crappy.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1292240
Cat cams, Piper, and schrick all make camshafts for the 1.8T
http://www.catcams.be

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Hi.... I am new... almost new.... and has some questions... (bobqzzi)

list of mods is quiet long...:
most importand:
1) stock AEB engine (just for the moment- JE pistons and Pauter rods just waiting to be installed)
2) 2,7-BiT 6 speed gearbox
3) T3/T4 ex Lancia Hf integralle (GT3071 is waiting)
4) Ex DTM OZ-AZK magnesium alloys
5) Koni DTM suspension
6) A little bit modified cyll head. (clipped and ported)
7) Autronic
8) RC 750 cc injectors
9)second fuel pump (bosh K jetronic)is prepared to be implemented
10) second fuel system (for racing fuel) will also be installed.
At the moment car run 12,75 on 1/4 a little bit better might be gained (on Avgas and modyfied mapping I should reach 12,5-12.6). All the mods vere done in Poland in VTG company. (that team has produced the most powerfull S4 on the eaerth)

So, guys, you dont think that 16 v cyll. head is an good option? damn... I almost bought one. and it was clipped and ported. Realy the inlets and outlets were much bigger than in 20vt. Also the valves seemd not to be restrictous. And so I am quiet surprised....
Well than- anybody knows the solution? My target is to gain around 500 Hp and 600 Nm. In my opinion the cyll head is a week point nad the bearings....(even the TT 225 ones)
Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts