VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my blacked out B6 Passat HID headlights. They were taken apart and sprayed black a few years ago. I replaced the lenses and installed Lamin-X on them so they won’t yellow again. All bulbs work and they have the adaptors to replace your halogen lights. $500 OBO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do they come with ballast and wiring harness? Looking to change my halogen setup to HID... also price negotiable?
They come with everything to swap over. I replaced my halogens with them and then removed them before I sold it. I couldn’t get the high beam to work correctly, but the low beam was plenty bright enough. Also, the self leveling will not work unless you install all the parts and sensors but there is a manual adjustment for the height.
Send me an offer and we’ll talk.

·
Registered
631 Posts
can you send or post pics of the setup if they are out of car? I have a third party HID kit on the passat but the quality isn't reliable, less than 2 years and they going out..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can you send or post pics of the setup if they are out of car? I have a third party HID kit on the passat but the quality isn't reliable, less than 2 years and they going out..
Here they are in the car. Let me know if you can’t see the pics in the original post and I will repost them.

·
Registered
2009 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T
38 Posts
They come with everything to swap over. I replaced my halogens with them and then removed them before I sold it. I couldn’t get the high beam to work correctly, but the low beam was plenty bright enough. Also, the self leveling will not work unless you install all the parts and sensors but there is a manual adjustment for the height.
Send me an offer and we’ll talk.

Hey man! I was wondering what about the hi beams you couldnt get to work? Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey man! I was wondering what about the hi beams you couldnt get to work? Thanks!
I can’t remember exactly, but I think they would activate the shutter for the high beams but then throw a code for some reason. So obviously the engine light would be on until I cleared it. Maybe just a grounding issue or something. Not sure.

·
Registered
2009 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T
38 Posts
I can’t remember exactly, but I think they would activate the shutter for the high beams but then throw a code for some reason. So obviously the engine light would be on until I cleared it. Maybe just a grounding issue or something. Not sure.

you got pictures of them on the car by any chance?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you got pictures of them on the car by any chance?
I forgot to mention that the trouble I had with the high beams was due to upgrading from the stock halogen lights. I believe if you have Xenon already, most likely it will be plug and play.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts