VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an HID retrofit for my H3 projector lamps. Now I know any re-based bulb won't work because the length of a typical D2R/S bulb would give the wrong focal point for the H3 projector, correct? So I would need an HID bulb in H3 form...now I can't simply swap projectors since my current lights have cat-eye projectors/lenses (or else I would)...
The lights...

·
Administrator
87,835 Posts
Re: HID retrofit for H3 projector lamps. (1984cc)

I think Cullen said he sells H3 HID bulbs...but I have no idea how he gets the correct focal point.
Talk to Cullen...he may have found something that is "the next best thing" to come along in HID technology...
But it won't be Osram or Philips as they only make the OEM d2s/d2r (d1s/d1r) bulbs which are then rebased...then the focal point is guaranteed to be messed up (if it's Osram/Philips and rebased).
Email cullen...I *think* his email is '[email protected]' ?????
Cullen, chime in?
Later,

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: HID retrofit for H3 projector lamps. (nater)

Thanks Nater, that's pretty much what I thought was my option. Hopefully he'll still have those in a month or so. I know the GB is about to end.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Catz used to make an H3 HID kit with a custom bulb that actually had a horizontal arc, instead of the axial arc of all other HID bulbs. dont know if the kit is still sold and who knows how much a replacement H3 HID bulb(custom) costs, plus i read that all Catz HID systems were recalled for excessive glare, they made retrofit kits.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: HID retrofit for H3 projector lamps. (VReihenmotor6)

Oettinger dual-square setup (rare to begin with, rare to find with projector lights in set) and they are never used

1 - 7 of 7 Posts