VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
My 2016 1.4 has 195000 miles. Just typical maintenance. Oil changes every 5k. Air filters, fuel filters, spark plugs, ignition coil’s, manual transmission fluid, brake fluid flush. Been a pretty reliable car. Still the original battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had any
My 2016 1.4 has 195000 miles. Just typical maintenance. Oil changes every 5k. Air filters, fuel filters, spark plugs, ignition coil’s, manual transmission fluid, brake fluid flush. Been a pretty reliable car. Still the original battery.
have you had any issues with the transmission, I was driving in sport mode and the trans felt to slip a little when I redlined it off a start.
Everything else has been fine, it shifts normally, it was just that one time.

and wow 195k miles that’s awesome

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have you had any

have you had any issues with the transmission, I was driving in sport mode and the trans felt to slip a little when I redlined it off a start.
Everything else has been fine, it shifts normally, it was just that one time.

and wow 195k miles that’s awesome
My car is a manual transmission. So no I have not had transmission issues. Still the original clutch.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
2012 GLI 198,800 miles

I'm on my third intake manifold. Had to replace the fuel rail at the same time due to the newest revision of the intake manifold moving the bolt holes ever so slightly.
Replaced the HPFP around 120K maybe?
Refreshed the suspension within the last six months. The front driver spring snapped on me. This included the front endlinks that I had previously replaced about 50K ago.
Battery was replaced two years ago.
Clutch was upgraded around 110K
The rest has been general maintenance.

I do an oil change every 5K
The transmission oil was replaced around 100K so I'm due for that again.
New coils and plugs every spring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have about 60,000 on my GLI. The only thing I've had done was replacing a battery, oil changes, dsg fluid, and air filters. i love it

·
Registered
206 Posts
2015 1.8t Sport @ 89k

Well…..

Carbon clean needed at somewhere near 75k I forget exactly

Oil switch replaced at 84k

Other than that, pretty smooth with regular 5k oil changes

I do believe that my transmission is next to go out so I’m looking at getting the new VW Taos with 4motion and DSG by the end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
590 Posts
Outstanding! This here thread is exactly in tune with the high miles 1.4 owners I've contacted on Fuelly dot com.

(only difference is the Fuelly guys were all 2017 1.4 owners.

Yes, I do miss the torque, space and fuel economy of my late lamented 2013 JSW TDI 6M - - - but
this motorcycle sized little 1.4 - especially considering the deal I got on a brand new Jetta - is a winner big time!!!

best,

ez

1 - 8 of 8 Posts