VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My black w/ black leather R32 came in today and the first thing I asked was "what's the mileage?" I was told 65. I asked "why so high"? I was told that all cars are coming in with higher mileage due to the fact that before loading them on the ship they are all being road tested extensively. Does anyone really buy this? Has anyone else gotten a better explanation?
Haven't scheduled my delivery yet - hopefully Monday!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: High Mileage on R32 (demastr32)

Tracy VW Hyannis,MA. 1 car in and sold, one car available. I asked the same question. Got the same answer. The cars are being road tested..
where, no one knows. Probably @ point of assembly. There are some other posts concerning same. Someone was supposedly talking to VOA
to find the facts. Anyone?
The one Black/cloth @ Tracy "has 39 miles on it. No one has touched it since it was off the truck" I believe them.
-Rob

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: High Mileage on R32 (rakeyworth)

My dealership says that they are all forbidden to drive em when they come in. I too believe them but, find it odd. I worked for VW Gallery in 96 and did my own delivery on my 96 GTI VR6 and it rolled off the truck with 9 miles on it! Kind on strange if you ask me.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Re: High Mileage on R32 (rakeyworth)

Someone said that maybe they are being somewhat broken it by the factory like they do on some Porsches and Bimmers...Thats what i'd like to think

1 - 4 of 4 Posts