VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a high whine, almost a beep, that lasts for about 10sec after starting my engine. It used to be barely audible but has gotten louder and louder. Doesn't matter if it's a warm or cold start. Any ideas?

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Re: (munky18t)

Another part with high failure rate as it ages. On the plus side, if you are in a state where they are a pain about emissions, it is also rather expensive and they seem to fail in a way that leaves little for rebuilders to consider working on them. Check the valve that lets it pump into the exhaust too. I have seen lots of people with failed pumps also have the valves melted apart. I dont' know if the valve lets go first and takes the pump with it or if the pump goes and takes the valve.

· Registered
590 Posts
Mine was making a lot of noise last month so I took it in and they said there was a problem with it so they replaced it under warrenty. The new one still makes noise but just not as much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.