VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, we decided to fix the water pump/leak issue and hold off on the chains. I’m feeling lucky!

Seriously though if she doesn’t find a replacement in a few weeks, we’ll address the chains and upper cover leak and keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So the guides are still good too? I have the TSI engine in my GTI and worry about these going out on me.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Check for stretch with a scan tool and you need to check to see if you have the original style tensioner which has been know to fail. If you have any history on this car check to see if it was replaced at sometime in the past.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check for stretch with a scan tool and you need to check to see if you have the original style tensioner which has been know to fail. If you have any history on this car check to see if it was replaced at sometime in the past.
It wasn’t replaced before, it’s the 2008.5 gti but I brought it to my dealer and they said I don’t have to change anything there but I still feel nervous about it since I’m at 92k miles now.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So the guides are still good too? I have the TSI engine in my GTI and worry about these going out on me.
No idea. We didn’t do anything with the chain situation.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
As far as my research this can only be done with a vagcom and I sold mine after I sold the R32 but this car we bought new so I know it’s history intimately.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts