VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
What is the best approach to install the 200-300 cell high flow Cats.
Full replacement or partial insert/weld ? VW Cats are complex and would like to keep the O2 sensors/monitoring as stock.
Any vendors/brands as better choices? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Usp mk5 r32 downpipes, extend rear o2 sensors if you still have them. Stock software should adapt but i would call malone or someone who tunes them.
Yes, thanks. I have been looking at those and looks like a almost perfect fit. I definitely don't want to mess with O2 sensors and keep them up for Emission passing.
Also looking at Universal (body only) Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Magnum 200/300 cell, which offer 5 year warranty

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have a factory downpipe with bad flex pipes if any wants to make an offer before I sell it at the local scrap place.

New England.

I replaced it with a 2018 3.6 VR6 OE part number on my 08 Passat Wagon, fit perfect and I matched it with a Techtonics Tuning Cat back, it's all a lovely thing and I know it will last for a good long time.

·
Registered
14 beetle R line convertible vr6 3.6 swap 6 speed
68 Posts
I have a factory downpipe with bad flex pipes if any wants to make an offer before I sell it at the local scrap place.

New England.

I replaced it with a 2018 3.6 VR6 OE part number on my 08 Passat Wagon, fit perfect and I matched it with a Techtonics Tuning Cat back, it's all a lovely thing and I know it will last for a good long time.
Where in New England. I’m in mass near the cape. Possibly interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts