VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently the new Sonic has this feature. I know old Subarus did as well. Any other (manual transmission) cars, past or present, that have this feature?

"Sonic even offers Hill Start Assist, which helps you stay put on steep inclines while you transition from the brake pedal to the gas pedal, then automatically releases once you take your foot off the clutch."

http://www.chevrolet.com/sonic-small-car/

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
SG Forester iirc. R56 Mini Cooper..

It's historically been an iffy feature, but I like the idea of it

apparently, i'm the only one who hates rolling back (handbrake technique works fine too). I live in a hilly place full of rich snobs that are always on on your ass. I could let go and back into them, but that's for another thread :p

·
Registered
613 Posts
My 2011 WRX had it. Was more annoying than anything. Especially considering that pulling out of a parking spot at a 5 degree incline somehow condones the damned thing activating.

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
21,056 Posts
VW/Audi's which come with an electronic parking typical has something called "Auto-hold"... this uses the brake system to hold the car at an incline.

MK6 Golf/GTI, etc.. does also offer a hill hold through the ABS controller also.

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
These are getting common... All the newer Kia (Soul, new Rio, Sportage, Optima...) comes with that now.... I am guessing these will be as common as ABS for all next gen car.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
While I feel absolutely zero need for this, I wouldn't complain if my car came with it... As long as I could turn it off.

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
My 335i has it. It's alright, nothing special. The system sometimes gets confused a bit and clamps on very slow braking at 0.5mph.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.