VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to know what you guys think of em, personally, i think they charge too much, and i wasn't very happy after they accused me and a friend of breaking into a car there and stealing the interior.

·
Banned
2,471 Posts
Re: Hillside Imports? Your thoughts (X-flow)

quote:[HR][/HR]just want to know what you guys think of em, personally.[HR][/HR]​
Well--------on a personall level, Renee looks good in latex & baby oil

[Modified by HIRVNMF, 4:29 PM 8-5-2002]

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Re: Hillside Imports? Your thoughts (matt007)

I've been once.. Yes they where pricey but I was happy with their service and they where some friendly folks. The price has kept me from going back for some minor things. I'm opt'ing to doing them myself now or paying a friend.
I am looking at having them do one of their SC kits..

·
Registered
11 Posts

I've met Renee at Hillside and he seems pretty cool, but I've never had them do any work. Not familiar with there prices. I have my work done at Bahn Brenner Motorsport in Auburn, Washington. BBM is 20 minites South of Seattle.
BBM charges $65 per hour for service and performance upgrades.
www.BahnBrenner.com

[Modified by episodeh20, 12:47 AM 8-6-2002]

·
Banned
8,743 Posts
Re: Hillside Imports? Your thoughts (episodeh20)

Say what you want you are all entitled to your opinions, but I know all of the people at hillside and talk to them regularly. I do not think that they overprice anything and do believe they will work with allot of their customers to help them out.
I am sorry you got accused but ish happens

·
Registered
5,258 Posts

There prices have gone up.I had many mods done at hillside.They do great service.They even let people use there loaner car for free. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Re: Hillside Imports? Your thoughts (finklejag)

quote:[HR][/HR]They do great service.They even let people use there loaner car for free. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
Yes, they do great service. And how many times do you hear of people getting a free loaner these days (even at a dealership).

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Re: Hillside Imports? Your thoughts (4Rings)

I really don't care for them. I've had a bad experience with them not doing what I paid for. I won't go back. I've since found a shop that I like.

·
Registered
20,477 Posts
Re: Hillside Imports? Your thoughts (saved_GLX)

quote:[HR][/HR]I really don't care for them. I've had a bad experience with them not doing what I paid for. I won't go back. I've since found a shop that I like.[HR][/HR]​
I haven't had my car there, But I know Renee and his famliy and they are vey nice people and I couldn't belive that they would accuse you of somthing like this unless they had a implication that you did..... Besides you pay for the quality, You get cheeper service, You get cheeper repair.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Re: Hillside Imports? Your thoughts (MEISTER)

well, I don't doubt Renee and his family are nice people. But you take your car to a shop, you expect to get what you pay for. I didn't. All I wanted was my car to pass DEQ.....They said they tired 4 times to get it to pass, and it didn't. They also said my BRAND NEW cat was bad
. They said that if I put another car on, a VW one
, it would pass. Okay, maybe there right. So I bought another cat, and my car still didn't pass. And Hillsides says I got another bad cat.
Okay, I doubt that. All if friggin$ took to get my car to pass DEQ was retrad the timming way, way back. Thats it. Now why wouldn't that have been tried? I don't really know enough about VW's, so I wouldn't of tired that, but another shop I went to told me to try it.
So in the end, I paid about $100 bucks for hillside to tell me my cat was bad, and another $200 for a new cat that I didn't need....That's why I'm NOT going back to Hillside.
Let me repeat myself. I am NOT bashing Renee or his family. I have met them, and they are very nice people. I'm not trying to start a flame war, I know theres alot of HIllside support on this board.

[Modified by saved_GLX, 6:01 PM 8-5-2002]

·
Registered
3,890 Posts

I've never been to Hillside personally, never needed to. They did quote me $50 to install my Projektzwo rear spoiler which I thought was a bitch much but hell, I'll pay it just to know that it's done right. See, I've got this problem with hanging pictures straight on walls, I think it is, no one else ever does so I figure $50 is a small price to pay to KNOW you've got your spoiler on straight...

·
Registered
592 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
So in the end, I paid about $100 bucks for hillside to tell me my cat was bad, and another $200 for a new cat that I didn't need....That's why I'm NOT going back to Hillside.[HR][/HR]​
$300 ? maybe it's the corrado owner in me but it doesn't seem like that much. as you said i'm not trying to rile you up or make you look silly. not at all. i guess that i am just numb to the costs of trying to get your dub to where you want it. i have payed $200 for bottoming out on a rail road track. (sheared a bolt of my front sway bar - when it only had two screws holding it in the first place. DANG shady used car salemen)
but seriously i'm used to having to pay obsene amounts to not only fix my durn car but at times just to find out what the Heezy is wrong with it.

if a shop has a good fan base and reputation i would definitely think about trying them again. my $.02
grassfeeder : if that spoiler is the one i'm thinking of, i would say $50 is a VERY fair price.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Re: Hillside Imports? Your thoughts (jokerklock)

well, 300 wouldn't of been bad, if I hadn't already spent 1000 just to get the car up to speed. And that was for a second cat which I didn't need, and cant sell

·
Registered
5,357 Posts

Hold it there cowboy: are you bringing up an incident that I remember happened almost 1 1/2 years ago?! I think someone just stepped on their own landmine here...and you know exactly what I am talking about here. Who's momma called the cops after her son told her he thought he had a good idea what joker(s) stole the seats...I'll stop there since it was the mother that called the cops. Funny, out of thousands of cars over the years that have been left down there this has been the only incident of parking lot theft...things that make you go hmmmm.
I see through your design, and to try to bash a shop that has some 80 yrs of experience between Rene (BTW: that's the male spelling of Rene, Renee is the correct way to spell a female's name), Pedro, Rob, Dustin...please. I have gotten to know and become friends with these guys over the years so I take offense to you taking shots at Rene's shop. These are guys who put their time in at the dealer and got out for the right reasons, to do things the right way.
I have had basically 5 cars in and out of that shop...to date I have had one problem...and that was a Sachs clutch that went bad 300 miles later...fully warranted and replaced for free...this would of applied to anyone not just me...they stand behind their work and products.
Rene, Pedro, Rob, Dustin, Dan and Krista, I am going to apoligize for this idiot. Keep up the good work guys.

PS--In case people are unaware, they have a satisfaction guarantee, Rene is not a mind reader, if a customer has a concern or complaint it will be handled.

[Modified by TeutonicVR6, 10:19 PM 8-5-2002]

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Re: Hillside Imports? Your thoughts (TeutonicVR6)

I have known Rene for over 7 years and have followed him ever since. And the saying is correct you get what you pay for! As for the retarding the timing I dont think any reputable shop whould try and cheat DEQ, Thats why they have DEQ to have cars run CORRECTLY and not ruin the enviroment. Have you ever heard of the expression that if a resturant has no customers then that is not a good place to eat? Well Hillside is ALWAYS busy, so I assume someone likes their work and prices.
Keep up the good work and customer service guys!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.