VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been busy bringing in OEM European parts for your MkV cars. These parts are all available, unless otherwise noted, and ready to ship at hillsideimports.com.

European front valence. This is a two piece valence that comes preassembled for easy installation.
We are now out of stock of this item but will have more in approximately one week.
$100.00

European front plate holder.
$25.00

Underseat storage drawer, in anthracite, is available for drivers and passenger seats. It is also available in grey and beige, those colors are currently special order and take 1-2 weeks to ship to you.
$75.00/side
We are now out of stock on these drawers but will have more in approximately one week.

The OEM storage cubby installs under the headlight switch, we are currently stocking the anthracite cubby but it is available in grey and beige as well, again special order and it takes 1-2 weeks to ship if you order in grey or beige.
$45.00
We are now out of stock of this item but will have more in approximately one week.

European cupholder, comes complete with the bottle opener. In stock in all three colors.
$45.00

OEM trim removal tool, very useful when doing interior mods like the cupholder and R32 dash trim.
$20.00
Expected arrival, April.

9 piece R32 Engine Spin trim set for four door Mk5 includes three dash trims, trims for each door and the ashtray lid and surround. Our kit will also include the trim removal tool, a must when installing this kit!
$325

European headlight switch, available with and without automatic driving lights feature.
$65.00

Smoked R32 tails for Golf V.
$269.00

Jetta V LED tail lights available with and without rear fog lights. Professional installation and Euroswitch highly recommended.
$279.00

The new website is up and fully operational. We accept all major credit cards. All security steps are in place for your protection.
If you are local to us, we offer installation services for all of these parts.
We are currently working on our own Project Jetta V GLI and we will be doing a full write up on our site. Check back for more project information!
Technical questions should be submitted via email to [email protected] Please be patient, it can take up to 24 hours for a response due to the volume of emails sent.

Krista Rodriguez
Modified by DocVW at 3:16 PM 3-16-2006

Modified by DocVW at 4:25 PM 3-17-2006

·
Banned
21,195 Posts
Re: Hillsideimports.com your source for European OEM parts (DocVW)

Dan, its A.J.,i am not sure you know my use name nastybags,but anyway thanks for all your help.I got my cup kit,euro tails,light switch and of course all the honeycomb from Dan and they are the best http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif And i do appreciate you sending me out another euroswitch to see if mine is defective.Now i have to save up and buy some interior goodies

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
anyone know whats involved in the install of the drawer? I want that for both seats..was curious as to howcomplicated it is and how sturdy it feels. I wonder if there would be a key lock option too...
good prices on all that stuff!
The "more open" honeycomb is better looking that the stock, but i wish someone would make it completely open and put like a black mesh behind it to hide the guts of the foglights or something...it would look so much more complete that way IMO.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by nymike at 7:30 AM 3-15-2006

·
Banned
21,195 Posts
Re: (nymike)

i agree,but thats as open as it can get,or else like you said,you will not be able to hid the fogs,wires,etc..I guess you can cut some more of the honeycomb out,but you have to be carefull you do not mess up

·
Registered
379 Posts

Quote, originally posted by nymike »
anyone know whats involved in the install of the drawer? I want that for both seats..was curious as to how complicated it is and how sturdy it feels. I wonder if there would be a key lock option too...
Modified by nymike at 7:30 AM 3-15-2006

I've done both, and it's much easier if you take the four seat bolts out, and just lean the seat back. I didn't even have to unhook the electronics. It takes less than 45 minutes each side to install. I'm happy with the quality, they seem sturdy, but are kind of small. I haven't heard of any key lock option, don't think that's available OEM.

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

With the exception of the Golf R32 tail lights everything you see has been installed on our personal project GLI. We will be writing a DIY for the drawer install this week. However, there is no lock option for those drawers.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Re: (40yroldvwowner)

All this stuff is great... but wouldn't it be nice if it was all on our cars to begin with? What the hell was the point of making so many little details about the gti just a little crappier for the US? Why no dash cubby? Why different dumber cupholders? Why no underseat cubby? You can maybe explain that the Euro two piece front lip is too low and would pose more of a scraping hazard in the US or something but doesn't the ridiculous ride height take care of that?? I honestly can't think of any good reason to deep six all of the other features... unless it's all cost cutting but how much difference could it possibly make??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: (tpowel2)

Quote, originally posted by tpowel2 »
I've done both, and it's much easier if you take the four seat bolts out, and just lean the seat back. I didn't even have to unhook the electronics. It takes less than 45 minutes each side to install. I'm happy with the quality, they seem sturdy, but are kind of small. I haven't heard of any key lock option, don't think that's available OEM.

Does that mean it can be done with the seats still bolted down and it's just easier with it unbolted?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DocVW »
We've been busy bringing in OEM European parts for your MkV cars. These parts are all available, unless otherwise noted, and ready to ship at hillsideimports.com.

European front valence. This is a two piece valence that comes preassembled for easy installation.
$100.00

European front plate holder.
$25.00

Underseat storage drawer, in anthracite, is available for drivers and passenger seats. It is also available in grey and beige, those colors are currently special order and take 1-2 weeks to ship to you.
$75.00/side

The OEM storage cubby installs under the headlight switch, we are currently stocking the anthracite cubby but it is available in grey and beige as well, again special order and it takes 1-2 weeks to ship if you order in grey or beige.
$45.00

European cupholder, comes complete with the bottle opener. In stock in all three colors.
$45.00

OEM trim removal tool, very useful when doing interior mods like the cupholder and R32 dash trim.
$20.00

9 piece R32 Engine Spin trim set for four door Mk5 includes three dash trims, trims for each door and the ashtray lid and surround. Our kit also includes the trim removal tool, a must when installing this kit!
$325

European headlight switch, available with and without automatic driving lights feature.
$65.00

Smoked R32 tails for Golf V.
$269.00

Jetta V LED tail lights available with and without rear fog lights. Professional installation and Euroswitch highly recommended.
$279.00

The new website is up and fully operational. We accept all major credit cards. All security steps are in place for your protection.
If you are local to us, we offer installation services for all of these parts.
We are currently working on our own Project Jetta V GLI and we will be doing a full write up on our site. Check back for more project information!
Technical questions should be submitted via email to [email protected] Please be patient, it can take up to 24 hours for a response due to the volume of emails sent.

Krista Rodriguez

So, when are the honeycomb fog-light grills going to be in stock? It is one thing to advertise items and an entirely different thing if you don't have inventory. Do you take customer orders and then order the items so you have no inventory? We are still waiting for the fog-light grills we have already ordered only to find out that they are "backordered".

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: (hwapper)

Quote, originally posted by hwapper »

Does that mean it can be done with the seats still bolted down and it's just easier with it unbolted?
Thanks

It can be done, at least on the passenger's side, but you really have to be a contortionist, and I would not do it again that way... Just SO much easier unbolting the seats!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: Hillsideimports.com your source for European OEM parts (SilverArrow GLI)

Quote, originally posted by SilverArrow GLI »

So, when are the honeycomb fog-light grills going to be in stock? It is one thing to advertise items and an entirely different thing if you don't have inventory. Do you take customer orders and then order the items so you have no inventory? We are still waiting for the fog-light grills we have already ordered only to find out that they are "backordered".

Some places do all their business that way, but I've had no problems with Hillside...I ordered by Euro switch, Euro cup-holder, and LED tail lights from them, and ever time I've gotten them within 2/3 days and that's from California to Florida! I'm impressed by there service!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.