VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VOTE people VOTE 150 views and 8 votes? come on now.
oookayyy, well I think I have decided to modify my jetta clear tail lights in some way, shape or form. Now, I have to decide what that way will be. I know I saw a picture on here once with half white, half smoked tail lights. I have a windsor blue jetta. I think that that may look even hotter than m3 style. Anyway, I did a search and stuff, but I wanna get some more input. I am thinking about having these professionally sprayed. anyway, 2 questions also. how well will the red light show thru the smoke at ngihts? and will the entire light need to be clearcoated or just the part i get sprayed? thanks all, and give some feedback, dont just vote. and if anyone has the pic of the car with half clear, half smoked, post it up.

Modified by AaronD at 4:27 PM 5-6-2003

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Re: hmm...m3...half clear...half smoked?? (AaronD)

not the most brilliant pchops, but you get the idea

i say go with m3. although the half smoked looks pretty good too, and its more original.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Re: hmm...m3...half clear...half smoked?? (rube207)

m3 style clear red is my fav. however i don't think i posses the skill to make em. let me know if you complete a set i wanna know what process is like

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: hmm...m3...half clear...half smoked?? (Bug TDI)

thanks guys. ill prolly have them done professionally, cause i dont wanna mess up my $200 tail lights. thanks for the p-shops too

·
Banned
4,766 Posts
Re: hmm...m3...half clear...half smoked?? (AaronD)

Quote, originally posted by AaronD »
thanks guys. ill prolly have them done professionally, cause i dont wanna mess up my $200 tail lights. thanks for the p-shops too

yeah m3.....and you can just swap the lower halves of the stock tails and the clears. it's cheaper.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: hmm...m3...half clear...half smoked?? (WhenDubsCry)

Quote, originally posted by WhenDubsCry »

yeah m3.....and you can just swap the lower halves of the stock tails and the clears. it's cheaper.
now then Im really riskin it. though that would look perfect. I guess Id have to have that done pro. too.

Modified by AaronD at 3:19 PM 5-6-2003

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

Really don't like the black/white tails. Too much contrast, particularly on the blue car. M3's are tasty on anything.
I've heard there's this Japanese tail light spray (woo, JDM
) that works really well, much better than Testor's or other model paints. You could try spraying yourself, and just having the paint shop do the clear, to save on costs. I think lots of wetsanding is the key to a glass-esque finish.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Re: hmm...m3...half clear...half smoked?? (rube207)

I already did that man......

I didn't like it, so I smoked the top too.......looks 10x better http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by 2.0wned at 3:21 PM 5-6-2003

·
Modnerdator
Audi S3
8,570 Posts

Quote, originally posted by WhenDubsCry »
you can just swap the lower halves of the stock tails and the clears.

Can someone confirm that this is possible? I didn't know that you could take the lights apart like that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.