VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Re: Hmmmm, explain this one. (All_Texan)

...wow.
I see breakage on the BMW's windshield, and red paint on the ceiling. However, without knowing what lies to the left of the photo, there's no clue as to how the Buick skipped off the Bimmer's windshield

·
Banned
13,344 Posts
Re: Hmmmm, explain this one. (Apollo-Soyuz 1975)

He must have been hauling balls when he hit that jeep, even after being slowed by the BMW and the friction of the ceiling

·
Registered
16,615 Posts
Re: Hmmmm, explain this one. (Looking4ajetta)

Anyone have the details on this?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

That looks like something I could only recreate on Grand Theft Auto.

·
Banned
4,829 Posts
Re: Hmmmm, explain this one. (shftat6)

Looks like damage to the BMW's hood too. Maybe ran off the road by an intersection hit the first car parked there and went straight into the ceiling after hitting the Jeep causing it to tip and the buick to stop on top of it. just my guess though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: Hmmmm, explain this one. (blackmagic3393)

http://www.cincypost.com/2004/....html
Quote »
No one hurt in 'goofy' crash
By Roy Wood
Post staff reporter
Question. What do you get when you run over two cars in a parking garage, then wedge your older-model Buick LeSabre six feet in the air between a flipped-over Jeep and the top of the garage?
Answer. The dubious distinction of having even veteran police officers shake their heads in wonder when they see the crash you've just had.
Words like "strange" and even "goofy" were among the police vocabulary this morning in Walnut Hills as Cincinnati's finest surveyed the scene in the 2000 block of Reading Road shortly before 9 a.m.
Police said Devon Price, 19, of Finneytown, was southbound on Reading Road, north of Dorchester Avenue, at a high rate of speed, when he lost control of the Buick LeSabre he was driving, and the car went off of the left side of the street.
The car struck a guide wire to a utility pole, which sent it airborne and caused it roll across the hoods of both a Mazda and a brand-new BMW on the first-floor of a parking garage at a professional building. The car then slammed into a Jeep SUV, knocking the Jeep onto its side.
The car came to rest wedged between the side of the jeep and the ceiling of the garage.
Nobody was injured.
"I thought they were dead," said Charles Winston, of Price Hill, who was northbound on Reading and had to slam on his brakes to avoid being hit by the speeding Buick.
"If he would have hit up just a little bit higher, it would have taken his head off."
Winston said he didn't realize that two people he talked to at the garage in the seconds after the crash were the Buick's occupants.
Police said they fled northbound on Reading and were caught about five blocks away after a foot chase.
Ann Freeman, of Colerain Township, owns the Jeep that flipped onto its side in the crash.
"I was just here on the first floor, getting an MRI," she said. "It sounded like a truck being hit. Then I heard sirens."
When she came out, her Jeep was on its side with a car on top of it.
She had owned the vehicle a while, but wasn't ready to get a new one, she said.
Police said six vehicles were damaged, although the damage to two was minor.
Price was charged with failure to control his vehicle and driving under suspension, police said. Other charges were pending.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts

It looks like somebody thought that slamming their car on huge wheels and low profile tires would make them Mario Andretti. I'm no crash-reconstructionist, but it seems that he came flying into the parking structure at a high rate of speed. After hitting the cement lip the front end popped up high enough to ride up onto the hoods of the cars. Instead of caving, The safety glass on the BMW was strong enough to act as as an inclined ramp. This propelled the car right into the SUV's roof, which then acted as a lever tipping it over and using the remains of the cars kinetic energy to crunch it to the ceiling.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts

LOL thats classic

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Re: Hmmmm, explain this one. (Slayer)

lol he flew over the bimmer from the left all the way to the jeep and got stucked.
how hard is it to do that?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Re: Hmmmm, explain this one. (mhsneon)

Quote »
The car struck a guide wire to a utility pole, which sent it airborne and caused it roll across the hoods of both a Mazda and a brand-new BMW on the first-floor of a parking garage at a professional building. The car then slammed into a Jeep SUV, knocking the Jeep onto its side.

Why mention that the BMW is new? That seems so pointless. I hate news.
Sorry, had to rant.
Funny ass crash though, very lucky nobody got hurt.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Re: Hmmmm, explain this one. (iamdoingthat)

Quote, originally posted by iamdoingthat »

Why mention that the BMW is new? That seems so pointless. I hate news.
Sorry, had to rant.
Funny ass crash though, very lucky nobody got hurt.

It doesn't look brand new either...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts