VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

· Registered
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my turn for off topic i guess
what kind of hobbies do you have i guess or what do you like to do besides the corrado... for example...
this is my second biggest money pit...

My Marshall amp is a JCM 2000 TSL 100. the cab shown is my 1960a slant. my bottom cab is at my drummers. it's a Marshall Mode Four cab. yes i have a full stack. 8 12" speakers haha but i rarely use both cabs. all bought new of course...
my at home practice amp is a Marshall Lead 12 in white tolex (obviously)
guitars are...
03 Gibson Les Paul Studio Limited Edition (unmakrked ebony fret board, limited paint color, and the body is actually about 1/4 thicker, more mahogany... and grover 20:1 tuners)
00 Gibson SG Special (finished in ebony, not the cheaper unfinished one. necks don't feel right unfinished... DiMarzio Air Zone pick up in the bridge and DiMarzio Air Classic in the neck.)
01 Fender Tom Delonge signature strat.
Fender Strat (made in Japan, which means they were US quality with cheaper electronics. older Seymour Duncan Invader, which had different EQ characteristics. and i don't even remember the year, nor care enought to take it out of the case to read the serial number to tell)
i also have a Gibson GA - 9 amp and a Gibson Lap guitar. too old to have a seial number. it was guessed to be late 30's. i have original schematic set for the amp but it it un dated. suprisingly the tubes are still good and the amp works. it actually sounds good. and that one was a freeby from someone who was tired of it being in the way so her grand daughter told me that she was gonna throw it away so i told her to tell them i wanted it haha
I guess i am curios to see what everyone else spends their money on besides their car. or is the corrado that big of a money pit you don't spend money on anything else? haha

· Registered
171 Posts
I have a few hobbies. Well first of all I live about a hour away from the beach so whenever I can I go skimboarding. I have a 300 dollar Maui Skimmer ( I didnt buy it my parents did.) I love to go snowboarding, and paintballing too.
My board Is like the ones on the bottom with the flat tail.

· Registered
3,017 Posts
Re: (LordJax)

I like to play roller hockey. When I go somewhere to play, I put my equipment into my CORRADO. I also like to play soccer, so when I'm on my way to the indoor place or outdoor, I load up my bag into the CORRADO, and take off. I also collect toys (not the kind of a sexual nature). Sometimes I order some of the toys from online, but if I don't do that, then I'll hop into the CORRADO, and pick some up from the store, and drive back home in the CORRADO.
Meet "Aniqa" (Ah-nee-kah) myCORRADO

Just making sure there's some CORRADO content in here

Modified by Agent 00corrado at 2:59 AM 1-12-2004

Modified by Agent 00corrado at 3:00 AM 1-12-2004

· Registered
2,607 Posts
Re: (runhopskipendub)

I have about a thousand hobbies, basicly anything i can tinker with, build my own gear up, or that sucks huge amounts of cash out of my checkbook

But prominantly photography, computers, canoeing/kayaking and Bicycling (though i have been majorly slacking off the last couple years after doing 'Cycle Oregon' two years in a row i got burned out a bit).
Quote, originally posted by runhopskipendub »
and my custom GT Zaskar.

Among several mountain bikes and one roadie, I have a Zaskar for my winter bike. Studded tires (IRC Blizzards), 8 speed rear end with a single 34 tooth chain ring in front... I build wheels too which is something of a hobby all on it's own.

· Registered
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (Syonara_G60Style)

Quote, originally posted by Syonara_G60Style »
As said before, anything I can tinker with and costs a ton...
Skiining, mountain biking, cars, girls (big time expensive hobby
),motocross, streetbikes, BMX.....My Corrado and my GTi......traveling around to different places....

must be a PA thing i guess... i used to be big into snowboarding so much that after one season i'd have to buy a new board cause the old one wouldn't last another season ( manuals take flex of a board away and a board with no flex stinks cause they break. and i chose to grind everything i could.) but then my best friend who always went with me passed away from cancer so i can't really go anymore...
i used to own a quad and sold it to buy a KTM sx 125 and couldn't find a dealer and ended up using the money to help build the motor in my truck haha used ot have a 99 yamaha FZR 600 and put a ful body kit on it and jetted the carb. it was quick. sold it in late 2001. bought a 2000 celica and needed money haha after snowoardin i got into BMX dirt jumping. did that for a while then over jumped a double and hit the face of the next one with my head first (these are no sissy doubles either, like 5ft. high with about 8ft. gaps) and i tore my hear away from my head a bit and fractured my skull (just a small small crack they said...) so after that i quit haha

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.