VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

381 - 400 of 579 Posts

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,858 Posts
Oh wow, the new Ignore function is really good, no more quotes, no more "there is a hidden post here" lines, nothing, just poof (y)

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
That's much better, thank you.

Now can someone tell me how to set it up so that I don't have to click "mark forum read" whenever I leave the page?

·
Premium Member
'09 GTI, 02 Golf, '66 Vespa
8,041 Posts
If you start typing a reply to a thread and close your window, it is saved in memory next time you hit the reply button, even across different devices. That's pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Is it possible to hide the filler column to the right of he posts, so there is more viewable area?

·
Registered
28,927 Posts
Reactions: NotFast

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
This forum is very hard to read now. The font for the titles are darker and easier to see but yet theres just too much white and space in the actual discussion area going on. Im seriously thinking of going to another forum and not coming back. This sucks!

·
Premium Member
6,139 Posts
This forum is very hard to read now. The font for the titles are darker and easier to see but yet theres just too much white and space in the actual discussion area going on. Im seriously thinking of going to another forum and not coming back. This sucks!
good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Edit: I'm upset with myself that this was my 6,000th post.

Reactions: Sporin

·
Registered
31,954 Posts
The first "Recommended Reading" thread below the last post in this thread is titled "Who wants the old Vortex format back?"... from 10 years ago. (Even the last post is from 2010.)

·
Registered
2018 VW Jetta SE 1.4T 5-speed manual
9,549 Posts
The first "Recommended Reading" thread below the last post in this thread is titled "Who wants the old Vortex format back?"... from 10 years ago. (Even the last post is from 2010.)
That section is like a time machine. Yesterday it was recommending threads from 2001! Today, all of them are from 2010. I'm waiting for it to recommend the "fents, crub, brik" thread.

·
Premium Member
991.2 GTS
499 Posts
Rennlist does a good job with the recommended threads. Sometimes its so good a match I cant tell I'm in something else.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
MK7 forum is like this. Sorta like it after almost a year on there. Dark mode helped and it seems I've got the ads blocked for now................

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I get that the old forum was old and this is prettier....but man is it hard to go through posts.

·
Premium Member
'20 V60, '14 ATS
11,849 Posts
I need to read back a few pages but I feel the old forum made it easier to see which threads were new and which ones I had replied to
I find this to be far better in that respect. If you haven't read it, the title is bold. If you have, it's not. And it actually tracks what you've read rather than just marking everything read every time you log in.

381 - 400 of 579 Posts