VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

521 - 540 of 586 Posts

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,204 Posts
I've had my Following page bookmarked for a decade or so, and the bookmark didn't change with the update.

If you are going to the Car Longe and scanning for topics you are following, you aren't making it easy on yourself.

·
Registered
1964 turbo corvair, 1976 bmw 2002, 1998 bmw 328is, 2001 corvette, 2001 bmw X5 5spd
4,367 Posts
Can you change or make it an option to better highlight the threads that one is following like in my screenshot below? I made the green and white for it to pop against the rest of the page. The normal grey gets lost when you quickly look at it in Desktop on my end.

this would be awesome. i like to see all the new topics and see if something i commented on has a new comment on the same page

·
Premium Member
43,421 Posts
one thing i found is its very hard to search for threads created by yourself or someone, seem is you go to your profile it will only show recent threads, but finding someone elses threads from awhile ago is rather more difficult. advanced search seems to pull threads and posts and there is no way to just select threads started by "user"

·
Premium Member
'20 V60, '14 ATS
11,968 Posts
one thing i found is its very hard to search for threads created by yourself or someone, seem is you go to your profile it will only show recent threads, but finding someone elses threads from awhile ago is rather more difficult. advanced search seems to pull threads and posts and there is no way to just select threads started by "user"
Click on the username and then click on discussions. It seems to show everything for started threads there.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

Has Bob forsaken us?

Has amscray of TCL yella couchway doomed us to the slackless shackles gone bubbly poppup video stylee of forum?

·
Registered
83,165 Posts

Ok.. so what exactly are the Premium Forums that cost 20 bucks a year?
And I usually go to Alerts and grab a thread in a sub forum that I want versus scrolling down the huge list to get to TCL or OT.
It's very inefficient.

Reactions: VWestlife

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
And I usually go to Alerts and grab a thread in a sub forum that I want versus scrolling down the huge list to get to TCL or OT.
It's very inefficient.
Vapoware so far. Honestly no idea.

The reduced ads and focus reading mode is where the value is at anyways.

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
3,822 Posts
It's very inefficient.
Premium forums are useless, IMO. No traffic, and no real purpose.

Rather than going through all of that to get to TCL or OT, just follow the forum, and it will put them at the top of the forum list. Next to the start discussion button is the follow forum button.

Then you'll have a My Followed Forums listing at the top of the forums list.

The reduced ads and focus reading mode is where the value is at anyways.
This. IMO, it's worth $20 a year to support a forum that I've visited almost daily for a LONG time. I've definitely spent way more on much dumber stuff in the past. The reduced ads and focus reading mode are a bonus.

·
Registered
83,165 Posts
Premium forums are useless, IMO. No traffic, and no real purpose.

Rather than going through all of that to get to TCL or OT, just follow the forum, and it will put them at the top of the forum list. Next to the start discussion button is the follow forum button.
Thank you.
I hadn't spent any time really trying to understand the new format- which is my issue.
But that helps a whole lot.

·
Premium Member
991.2 GTS
546 Posts
I'll ask again, as a CertifiedPremium™ user, is there any way to get rid of the archaic page system and have a continuous scroll like Rennlist does? Still page markers but as you drop down the next page auto opens. Its so nice.

·
Registered
2019 Arteon, 2016 .:R, 1991 Mazda B2600i
1,813 Posts

·
Registered
21,642 Posts
So is Tapatalk now dead (for TCL/Vortex, I mean)?

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
So is Tapatalk now dead (for TCL/Vortex, I mean)?
No it still works, but seems superfluous since the forum works well enough on mobile browsers and Tapatalk just sucks my battery. Turns my phone into a nice handwarmer though.

·
Registered
2018 VW Jetta SE 1.4T 5-speed manual
9,549 Posts
Is there any way to prevent embedded videos from auto-playing? It's very annoying. Even when quoted in a reply, they still auto-play!

·
Registered
46,443 Posts
Is there any way to prevent embedded videos from auto-playing? It's very annoying. Even when quoted in a reply, they still auto-play!
Must be something to do with your browser. They don't do that for me.

521 - 540 of 586 Posts