VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

541 - 560 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,327 Posts
PM's can be deleted. Go to "Conversations". On the right side of your screen there are check boxes next to each conversation. Check the boxes you want to delete and select "Delete" as your action in the pop up at the bottom.

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
18,987 Posts
so funny to read this thread and see the recommended reading being all about how people hated the "new" forums back in 2010.

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
so funny to read this thread and see the recommended reading being all about how people hated the "new" forums back in 2010.

View attachment 56336
I think this forum lost some simplicity with that redesign too. This redesign took a large jump further into just looking cluttered.

Reactions: VWestlife

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,327 Posts
I don't get why everyone is bitching so much. Maybe it is because I have adblocker on Chrome and mine looks cleaner? I really still don't see why this is so bad.

I feel like it makes a lot of things easier than the old format like posting a Youtube video, copying a link, copying photos and just pasting them in your post instead of downloading/uploading/hosting/posting. 🤷‍♂️

I like the conversation set up better than the old PM system also.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I don't get why everyone is bitching so much. Maybe it is because I have adblocker on Chrome and mine looks cleaner? I really still don't see why this is so bad.

I feel like it makes a lot of things easier than the old format like posting a Youtube video, copying a link, copying photos and just pasting them in your post instead of downloading/uploading/hosting/posting. 🤷‍♂️

I like the conversation set up better than the old PM system also.
People like to complain about trivial things instead of finding a solution. Pretty ridiculous to b*#ch about a website that has been free of charge for 20+ years. Use an ad blocker, like you and many others, or like myself and many others, spend the ASTRONOMICAL fee of $20 bucks per YEAR. Set your preferences to your hearts content and away you go.

·
Registered
21,647 Posts
No it still works, but seems superfluous since the forum works well enough on mobile browsers and Tapatalk just sucks my battery. Turns my phone into a nice handwarmer though.
Several days later and my Tapatalk is still not working. It works with every other forum. Anyone else having the same issue?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Several days later and my Tapatalk is still not working. It works with every other forum. Anyone else having the same issue?
Mine is 50% working. iPhone works great, iPad fails to log in. Haven’t spent any time troubleshooting the iPad yet. I am using Tapatalk Pro, not the monthly subscription nonsense.

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,403 Posts
Being able to just copy an image and then paste it, without copying image URL and using tags, that's quite handy.

·
18,403 Posts
And the pic hosting is nice, I’ve deleted tapatalk.
You mean just being able to post directly from your phone into the browser? And it being there? I love it. I never use Tapatalk anymore either. I wasn't very happy about this in the beginning but I'll survive.

It also seems like there are a lot more active members since this happened.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
I feel like Tapatalk has a cleaner layout for mobile browsing. I’m on an original SE so screen estate is precious.

·
18,403 Posts
I feel like Tapatalk has a cleaner layout for mobile browsing. I’m on an original SE so screen estate is precious.
What is this, a phone for ants?!

😂 😂 😂

In reality the mobile experience is much better than it used to be in mobile browsers, but if real estate is scarce then I totally understand sticking with Tapatalk. It's clean, and if you have the pro version you have no ads. Which, now that I think about it, I don't have any ads on here but I paid for the membership. At $20/year I think that's a fair trade.

541 - 560 of 589 Posts