VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

581 - 592 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
15,076 Posts
This system is garbage. Between typing, adding pictures and the phones keyboard generating on the screen you can't see what you're doing. In PM it took 6 attempts to send photos as you can't even scroll down with out the software thinking you're trying to click on a picture, or banner, or sentence and at times auto freshs/resets to the top of the page. There also needs to be a defined border to articulate direction, I'm not trying to click on the exact content...I'm trying to navigate through and or around it.

·
Registered
2011 SAAB 9-5 and 2016 Lincoln MKC
2,215 Posts
Just click in the search bar at the top and it'll pop up.
View attachment 66404
Thank you. I just tried it, and it works kind of strange. I was trying to find the Jeep Wagoneer thread, but when you type Wagoneer and checkmarked "search titles only," it spit out pages of threads with the word "Wagon." I then tried wrapping my search term in quotes and it did the same thing, which makes no sense since it should only find an exact match. I think the thread I was looking for had Cherokee/Wagoneer in the title, so perhaps the slash made it hard for the search to find the thread. I can see this is going to be a pain to use.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I've never bothered trying to use the inhouse search functions on any of the forums I belong to as they universally seem to be quite worthless and frustrating.

Google is just too easy.

💋

·
Registered
'12 Mustang GT | '86 RX-7 | '20 Ninja 400
9,766 Posts
I've never bothered trying to use the inhouse search functions on any of the forums I belong to as they universally seem to be quite worthless and frustrating.

Google is just too easy.

💋

I totally agree. Never been on a forum where it was worth a damn.

·
Registered
21,651 Posts
Can we get locations under screennames like we used to have? I miss that.

This isn't too bad. I can get used to it. 👍

Showcase feature is cool.
Dude, where the hell have you been????

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
3,855 Posts
If you hover your mouse over the username, the location shows up.
It shows up quicker if you hover over the flag vs the username. If there is no flag, then the user doesn't have a location listed. Occasionally, I see people that only have a country listed, so the flag shows up; but there's no other info available.

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
Bless whoever just changed the "Following" tag on the community page.
Ok, so this is new right? Explains why threads I thought I had replied in weren't popping up on my recent/new list. Clearly not following things I thought I was.

581 - 592 of 592 Posts