VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

61 - 80 of 510 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,761 Posts
Is the Audiworld joke that the forum took off after that move?

Why are people so scared of change? Lol

·
Registered
2018 VW Jetta SE 1.4T 5-speed manual
9,546 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Just visited another oldie I used to frequent back when I was gonna get myself an old Fiat -- ultimately never did, but joined that forum and enjoyed learning about them.

They used the ancient BBS style back then, but looks like they have finally updated:

:

:

Forums are having hard enough time surviving, so it seems like putting a lock on the front door would do more harm than good as for growth and livelihood?

I have never liked the "walled garden" approach.

·
Registered
'06 Land Cruiser
2,728 Posts
https://forum.ih8mud.com/ also runs on XenForo and I have no issues with the platform.

I like the fact that XenForo automatically takes me to the post where I left when returning to a thread, also the ability to tag users and react to post is nice. Hopefully this all goes better than the insanity that ensued after the new password requirements.

·
Premium Member
7,761 Posts
Just visited another oldie I used to frequent back when I was gonna get myself an old Fiat -- ultimately never did, but joined that forum and enjoyed learning about them.

They used the ancient BBS style back then, but looks like they have finally updated:

:

:

Forums are having hard enough time surviving, so it seems like putting a lock on the front door would do more harm than good as for growth and livelihood?

I have never liked the "walled garden" approach.
Forums also can't survive if they have a bunch of bots loading up their servers but not contributing to ad-relevant view counts

This **** isn't free man.

·
Registered
2015 STi & 2016 Golf R
39,742 Posts
Absolutely hate that format. Vortex has always been simple and clean without tons of huge avatar pictures/signatures, big flashy stuff is great for kids seeking wizbang of bold fonts and flashy pictures. Personally like the text vs picture crazy links.

If I wanted all the garbage of multiple windows open at the same time I would open them, but having running rows of "interesting topics" ect on the right side might as well be the same garbage of FB.

To the overlords of Vortex, if this is the future, you can count me out.
That's just the home page of the forum. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
42,321 Posts
That's just the home page of the forum. :facepalm:
it just depends on how they set it up. Xenforo can be made to be simple and clean. Look at Omegaforums.net and planet-9 for example.

Everyone also hates change. When youve been use to something for years, it gonna take a while to get use to the change. It will be for the better. This platform is terrible after being on forums with xenforo. Xenforo is quicker, safer, and more modern.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
it just depends on how they set it up. Xenforo can be made to be simple and clean. Look at Omegaforums.net and planet-9 for example.

Everyone also hates change. When youve been use to something for years, it gonna take a while to get use to the change.

It will be for the better.

This platform is terrible after being on forums with xenforo.

Xenforo is quicker, safer, and more modern.
:)
It will be six million times better!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
61 - 80 of 510 Posts