VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Ok, well one thing to keep in mind is that the SLK is a REALLY old car now. And the Monaro is a fair bit bigger than the SLK, MX-5 etc. I think it is sad that the 307 manages to do so much better than the Monaro.
Also, I've always been rather suspect of our NCAP testing. You certainly read a lot about the manufactorers designing their cars to get a certain score, rather than real-world results.
I would be more impressed if the Monaro was safer than its size equivilent from the Mercedes range, and that would be either the CLK or the SL

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: Holden Monaro "safer than a Mercedes" according to crash-test results (David Votoupal)

Everybody has the same tools and expertise as does Mercedes at designing and building chassis at a good price.
It's foolish to think that Mercedes is the only company that can make well-made bodies, but since that company has sold the world on being the world's safest for the past 40 years, it's hard to think anyone else is that good at it even now, even though they're all capable.
Forever, Mercedes build huge heavy solid tanks whereas everyone else sold on fuel-efficiency (in comparison), now their cars are as small as everyone else's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts